Senior Accountant (Audit)
About the Position
The caliber of our clients and our high standards for how we serve them requires that we be highly selective in our recruiting process. We look for the best and then invest the time, technology, and resources that result in long-term success for both the firm and our people. We ask our team members to provide a high level of service to CapinCrouse’s clients and be a driver of firm growth, profitability and success.Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Function as an in-charge auditor for moderately complex audit engagements so that clients receive excellent, timely service. This includes oversight of the audit team and assignments, engagement communication, development of audit documents, review of work papers, and preparation of client deliverable documents.
2. Be a productive audit team member, handling moderately complex audit engagements so that clients receive excellent, timely service. Show dedication and innovation through active participation in Firm initiatives.
3. Build and maintain a proactive, professional relationship with clients for assigned engagements.
4. Continue professional development efforts through an intentional growth plan, with special focus on NPO organizations and corresponding accounting issues and trends.
5. Help Associates develop professional through on-the-job coaching and intentional training.
6. Display integrity and professional behavior consistent with CapinCrouse's focus, vision, mission, and core values.
7. Respectfully act consistent with client values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related finance degree
- Minimum of 2 years of related audit or applicable business experience for Senior positions (Experience in public accounting is preferred.)
- CPA certification
- The individual must have the ability to read and interpret documents industry-specific documents, write routine reports and speak effectively to clients and employees of the firm.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Reputation of integrity, even in conflictive situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (required); Citrix and ProSystem (desired)
- Ability to develop open and trusting relationships
- Ability to work in a team, whether as a member or leader
- Ability to motivate him/herself to grow professionally and serve with excellence
- Ability to assume responsibility for and complete agreed upon assignments
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; exhibiting the ability to manage a heavy workload without sacrificing quality of work or relationships
- Willingness to travel when necessary
- Passion to serve others, especially nonprofit organizations
- Desire to work as a professional in a CPA firm with CapinCrouse’s core values, vision, and mission
The employee in this position typically works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the standard office setting.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee would typically encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Walking (low)
- Climbing (low)
- Bending (low)
- Twisting (low)
- Typing/using hands (moderate/high)
- Sitting (moderate/high)
- An extremely competitive compensation package with all the benefits you would expect from a national leader
- The ability to work with very knowledgeable professionals and the opportunity to work with clients who are making a real difference in our community, our country, and our world
- State-of-the-art technology to give you the professional tools necessary to be your best
- Firm-sponsored professional memberships
- Assistance and/or reimbursement upon completion of the CPA review course and exam. Our preferred CPA review course providers are Becker, CPA Excel, and Yaeger Lambers