- In collaboration with the procurement team, prioritize and formalize relationships with solar PV equipment vendors and service contractors. Establish preferred pricing and terms for Canadian Solar Inc.
- Understand solar PV projects’ electrical, structural and civil work scopes and capable of accurate cost estimates for all three types of scopes.
- Accountable for pricing and equipment and service supplier management during proposals, preconstruction and construction execution.
- Manage RFPs and scope of work packages for 3rd party EPC and O&M contractors. Participate in contractor selection and contract negotiation.
- Identify and implement constant improvement initiatives in all the processes of purchases during project execution.
- Manage compliance of supply agreements, deliverables and milestone achievements.
- Coordinate with firms, suppliers and equipment vendors to ensure adherence to contract terms and delivery of contractual deliverables.
- Collaborate to draft and negotiate master services agreements, and execute project purchase orders inclusive of: conditions, scopes, pricing, schedule provisions in line with project deal structure.
- Be independently responsible for the development, analysis and completion of the most significant estimates and or proposals in terms of complexity and company importance.
- Lead/contribute to the development of conceptual estimates, pricing strategies.
- Have the ability to dissect and evaluate estimates that are provided by contractors.
- Have in depth knowledge of the existing market place.
- Work with other functions and disciplines from across the company to understand and evaluate the labor, material and other direct and indirect costs associated with proposed contracts and the associated program.
- Develop company estimating and pricing programs and tools.
- Develop detailed Request for Estimates to be used for proposals kick off.
- +5 years professional experience in estimating role.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, CPM scheduling, and/or Primavera P6.
- Familiarity with photovoltaic solar components, technical standards and solar Engineering, Procurement and Construction contracts.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to maintain calm and effective exchanges by all parties during stressful situations.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by clear and effective project plans and executive level reporting that ensure timely action and decision making in time-pressured scenarios.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.