Position Title: Lab Engineer
Department: Quality Control
Reports To: Quality Supervisor
The Lab Engineer is responsible for developing raw material and finished goods testing procedure, including installing and troubleshooting electronic and mechanical equipment, utilizing engineering principles and test technology.
- Perform product evaluation and testing with measuring and diagnostic devices.
- Install and maintain equipment, develop new test methods, and test jig designs.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify areas for test/measurement metrolgy improvement and implement solutions to optimize productivity, reduce costs, and enhance accurate of test data.
- Analyze test data, do failure analysis, communicate results and issues to staff.
- Perform in house device calibration. Develop or implement Calibration tracking program, using either proprietary software or in-house methods.
- Help to attain comprehensive support by providing analytical services and expert technical.
- Test and release incoming and finished products.
- Maintain accurate quality records and reports in computer system.
- Coordinate external regulatory audits and calibrations services.
- Support ISO 9001 activities, including preparation and maintenance of work instructions and other documentation.
- Stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and emerging manufacturing techniques to drive continuous improvement.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies.
- Conduct other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing or lab engineering role. Familiarity with regulatory requirement such as ISO17025.
- Strong computer skills in MS office, ability to set up PC controlled inspection devices.
- Experience using the testing equipment like power supplies, environmental test chamber etc.
- Knowledge of reliability test and UL61730 is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a systematic approach to troubleshooting technical issues.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation abilities.
- Desire for innovative thinking and continual learning
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Team player with a flexible attitude and the ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks/deadlines.
- Some heavy lifting may be required.
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.
Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Note: Interviews will be conducted only with qualified applicants.