Global Technical Product Manager, Power Electronics for Central and String
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Global Technical Product Manager, Power Electronics for Central and String Inverters.
Department:System Solutions & Energy Storage
Canadian Solar Inc. is seeking a Global Technical Product Manager specialist in Power Electronics for Central and String Inverters solution, as well as the complete MV Station solution (Inverters, MV Transformer, Switchgear) for PV Utility scale projects,to join the System Solutions & Energy Storage (SSES) business unit. This position will make use of knowledge and skillsets of solar product experience to provide product management of Canadian Solar products and Services, including but not limited to Technical Due Diligence (TDD), Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) services. Position will assist the global Procurement Director to implement the global Procurement strategy, with communication with Suppliers and internally with regional teams and headquarter personnel abroad to assist with needs and support.
- As Product specialist, perform Technical Due Dilligence (TDD) of the equipment as part of the Suppliers validation process, as well as leading the Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) of the products.
- Review and summarize technical product information for bid packages and make a Supplier recommendation within SSES business unit.
- Assist Procurement and Engineering team in technical review of the technical proposals submitted by Suppliers during the bidding processes, and during the detailed engineering of the project.
- Manage elements of the existing and future global product portfolio and its life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, including creating, maintaining and updating product roadmaps.
- Main product focus: MV Station solution (Inverters, MV Transformer, Switchgear), Power Electronics for both Central and String Inverters solutions.
- Research, analyze and draft market including Grid Code requirements for existing and new products by communicating with Suppliers, Regional teams, by reading other information sources and transferring these requirements into product and roadmap proposals. Present proposals to internal stakeholders to gain approval.
- Act as an internal advocate for customer needs and requirements.
- Drive new product ideas through the product development and/or system integration process. Interact with and influence other product leaders. Drive all related go to market and launch activities.
- Follow codes and certifications as they develop; analyze their impact on the market and specific products; make recommendations to management on how to leverage these developments to CSI’s benefit.
- Communicate and train customers and sales teams in regards of product details and specifications, product advantages, product applications and product benchmark compared to competitors.
- Prepare content and materials for customer vists with sales managers to conduct product presentations, customer training sessions, webinars and customer events.
- Understand product manufacturing processes, certification status and other product details.
- Provide and validate content for marketing collateral material such as datasheets, technical brochures, white papers and others.
- Work with the marketing team to launch and communicate new products and their features and measure the introduction and sales success of the existing and new products.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including international travel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline is required; a graduate degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in product management, in the energy sector or within the PV industry. Experience in Medium Voltage Stations Solutions and PV Power Electronic, Central and String Inverter technology or Module Level Power Electronic (MLPE) is must. Additional experience in PV project or PV system design is a plus.
- Fluent in English. Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Power Electronics, String Inverters and Energy Storage and Battery technologies.
- Able to perform project simulation as needed in PVSys
- Experience interacting with sales and business development teams and B2B sales channels, and working experience in direct sales to commercial and industry business is a plus.
- Excellent technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn detailed information about the existing product portfolio and to communicate and answer technical and product related questions and topics.
- Understanding and application of financial product calculation – product cost and product sales
price definition, analysis and recommendation.
- Convincingly and effectively communicate with customers, independent engineers, laboratories, industry working groups and regulatory authorities.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with others effectively, locally and also over multiple time zones and different cultures.
- Ability / Willingness to travel (up to 50%, also internationally).
- Excellent organizational, strategic planning and implementation skills.
- Articulate with strong writing and presentation skills in person and remotely via webinar tools.
- In addition, this role will require strong analytical and financial capabilities, being process oriented and attentive to detail.
- Recognized as a leader who is highly proficient in developing strategies, setting goals, training, communicating, mentoring, allocating resources and fostering a strong, cohesive and effective team spirit.
- A dynamic, roll-up-the-sleeves personality, who is able to think quickly and creatively and is results-driven complemented by appropriate process orientation.
- A pragmatic businessperson who is comfortable in a collaborative and fluid environment. An individual who is capable of thinking on his/her feet and making sound decisions within compressed timelines.
- An excellent time manager, able to balance multiple projects and prioritize a broad variety of issues, initiatives and objectives concurrently.
- A self-confident, self-starter, team-oriented, high energy with ethics, integrity and finesse.
- Work will be in various locations, normallyperformed in a standard office environment, in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, reaching, but also including in factory floor, warehouse and project site when necessary to perform technical visits.
Job Description – Global Product Manager – Power Electronics & String Inverters
F:\HR\Recruiting\JOB DESCRIPTION\Product Management