Sr Service Technician (e-STORAGE)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
As a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, e-STORAGE is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. At the core of the e-STORAGE platform is SolBank a self manufactured, lithium-iron phosphate chemistry-based battery engineered for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, promote clean energy integration, and foster a more resilient and sustainable energy landscape.
Position Title: Sr. Service Technician
Reports To:Service Manager in the UK
Location:Remote – London/Glasgow/Edinburgh
The Senior Service Technician (UK) will be an integral part of the service team with the main responsibility to commission and complete preventative and corrective maintenance of CSI Energy Storage’s Solbank Storage Power Block (SPB). The individual will also be responsible to complete obligations under Long Term Service Agreements (LTSA’s) of Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) projects. The successful candidate must be able to travel and complete tasks at various project sites throughout the US. Experience with BESS or renewable power generation equipment in a service environment is required.
- Commission CSI Energy Storage’s Solbank Storage Power Block
- Preventative and Corrective Maintenance of SPB’s to adhere to warranty requirements.
- Obligations for BESS equipment under LTSA’s which may include:
- Energy Storage Cabinets (ESC’s)
- Power Conversion Stations (PCS)
- Ring Main Units (RMU’s) / Switchgear
- SCADA and networking devices
- Provide onsite diagnostic, troubleshooting and hands on support to maintain equipment and achieve availability and capacity guarantees.
- Oversee and supervise sub-contractors on site where required.
- Assist in developing standard operating procedures and processes.
- Complete work order documentation in a timely matter
- Ensure inventory of spare parts is accurate.
- Perform proper LOTO and switching procedures as required.
- Support client training during commissioning
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and policies.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Electrical Technician
- Minimum 8 plus years’ relevant work experience in a service environment preferably in renewable energy
- OSHA 30 Certified (OSHA 10 certification is accepted as long as OSHA 30 is obtained soon after hire)
- Previous training and knowledge of inverters
- SCADA experience will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of general and national codes, medium voltage power systems and Energy Storage system applications is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office Applications (Word, Excel)
- Previous experience with a CMMS software program preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- First Aid Trained
- Must be able to travel to regional locations as needed (over 50% of time)
- Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct.
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.