Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Quality Technician (Incoming/Outgoing)
The Quality Auditor is responsible for the activities of inspecting, testing and reporting on materials, and finished goods to ensure conformance with company and customer specifications and quality standards using variable measuring instruments and techniques. Assists in receiving and assembly of products and crating on occasion.
- Conduct purchased part and finished goods inspection and testing for cosmetic and functionality.
- Accurately document issues from testing or inspections
- Analyze inspection data for correctness and trends.
- Determine root cause for process and product failures.
- Disposition parts depending on findings, release or reject parts physically and in ERP system.
- Work with other functional teams (Production, Maintenance & Engineering) to implement containment and preventive actions ASAP
- Participate in the construction and/or revision of SOPs.
- Support inventory control & stocking
- Support on site sorting/reworking when necessary
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies.
- Conduct other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum technical diploma education or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in Quality Auditing or inspection is preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and resourceful.
- Ability to use the following Software Tools: Microsoft Office, Internet Software, and E-mail
- Must have general math skills and aptitude.
- Ability to use inspection tools and equipment.
- Capable of lifting 50-100 lbs.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people in all departments
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Mandarin language skills are a plus but not required
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.