Quality Systems Engineer
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Quality System Engineer
Reports To:Quality Manager
The Quality System Engineer is responsible for operating the ISO9001 Quality Management System (QMS), writing procedures and processes to support the QMS development. Lead and undertake audits across all areas of the business. He/she will drive quality system performance review, provide training and champion the Quality Management System.
- Oversee effective implementation of the Quality Management System throughout the company.
- Maintain the Quality Manuals and Standard Operation Procedures and ensure contents are appropriate for business, analyse current and future procedural needs of the business.
- Organise and manage the plant internal audit system and the corrective action reporting system.
- Lead Document Control process and quality data analysis
- Conduct Quality Systems audits and assist in training/guidance to other auditors.
- Host external Quality System audits
- Coordinate the review of Quality procedures associated with plant continuous improvement initiatives, host risk management.
- Investigate quality case in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Collate quality data for monitoring targets, report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process, or system.
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to the accountable manager and senior management on the performance of the quality systems, assistance Management Review process.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies.
- Conduct other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred.
- Special consideration given to ISO9001 QMS courses completed with QMS Lead Auditor certification
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain ISO9001 QMS system.
- Previous experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in Quality Assurance
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing skills
- Strong leadership abilities and confident, consistent, decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision, must be self-directed.
- Desire for innovative thinking and continual learning
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, mediating, and negotiating skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with MS Office and e-mail required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.
Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.