Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems, and specialized solar products, and Turnkey Services provider, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Recruiter
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Canadian Solar is currently seeking a Recruiter for our Texas location. The Recruiter is responsible for the full cycle of recruitment in all areas of the Canadian Solar business including manufacturing, office, and Engineering. The role will require partnering up with department managers in determining recruitment needs, posting, pre-screen, interviewing, referencing, and finalizing job offers for jobs required, working in a professional manner that reflects the Company’s core values.
- Work closely with department heads to find qualified candidates, working within timelines for customer needs.
- Using recruitment sources such as job postings, outsourcing recruiters, and managing recruitment costs.
- Screen and pre-qualify candidates.
- Coordinate and participate in interviews with the hiring manager, using behavioral-based interviewing.
- Reference candidates.
- Prepare and present offer letters.
- Adhere to SOX requirements for hiring requests and approvals for hire.
- Coordinate with the HR team and hiring managers regarding start dates and onboarding.
- Follow up with all candidates considered for any particular role.
- Manage recruitment database.
- Completion of other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all company policies.
Qualification and Experience:
- 4+ years experience in a recruitment role, preference is given to construction or manufacturing background.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge related to regulations, laws, and policies.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, confidentially, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail required.
- Literacy in other HR applications is desirable.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks as needed.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Able to travel as required as needed.
The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at its own discretion.
We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. We encourage Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals, gender-diverse people, people with diverse abilities, members of ethnic minorities and faith groups, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected group.
Studies have shown that women and people of diverse backgrounds are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the posting. We are committed to creating an environment where we eliminate barriers and promote the inclusion of equity groups. We strongly encourage applications even if you don’t believe you meet all the requirements outlined. We will do our best to respond.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.