Project Quality Manager (e-STORAGE)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
As a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, e-STORAGE is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. At the core of the e-STORAGE platform is SolBank a self manufactured, lithium-iron phosphate chemistry-based battery engineered for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, promote clean energy integration, and foster a more resilient and sustainable energy landscape.
Project Quality Manager
Sr. Director of Quality - Product, Project and EHS
Hybrid, (UK - Reading)
CS e-Storage is looking for a Project Quality Manager to plan, lead, execute, and monitor all project quality work. The Project Quality Manager is responsible for executing the Project’s Site-Specific Quality Plan (SSQP), leading root cause analysis (RCA) of any quality issues, and communicating solutions developed and lessons learned. This individual serves as the main point of contact for project quality management and serve as a quality ambassador for coordination with different parties including owner representatives, EPC contractors, equipment suppliers, O&M service providers and CS e-storage team members. Strong leadership of achieving quality objectives, extensive experience in project quality management, good communication, teamwork and problemsolving skills, and capabilities of working under pressure and tight timeline are highly valued in this position.
• Set up, implement, and update project quality management system (PQMS) according to ISO standards to meet the ever-evolving BESS business development and project quality needs.
• Cultivate, drive, and exemplify a “Safety First Quality Must” culture that focuses on awareness of personal impacts, openness, and willingness to learn and get better together, doing things safely and right the first time, and promoting continuous improvement in everything we do at CS e-Storage.
• Plan, organize, lead, and monitor all aspects of project quality assurance activities at different project phases. Answer quality questionnaires, understand contractual quality requirements, manage quality of suppliers and contractors, create/monitor/review ITPs and NCRs, perform quality audits.
• Develop the Project Site Specific Quality Plan (SSQP) and the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) with project team members to meet clients’ contractual requirements and expectations.
• Lead and facilitate the generation of lessons learned from past projects and their implementation in future projects for continuous improvement in project quality.
• Identify and track quality Issues/observations/non-compliances, document and communicate their resolutions in accordance with the contractual requirements and the SSQP.
• Coordinate with and support engineering, project execution, and O&M teams in reactively resolving equipment problems and proactively preventing performance issues. Assist commercial, procurement and legal teams with quality-related tasks.
• Travel within US, Canada, Europe, Australia, and other locations where business requires with short notice in weekends or overnight. Work flexible hours (evenings, weekends) as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Director and the management.
• Bachelor’s degree or above in quality disciplines, project management, construction management, engineering, or similar subject area.
• Proven track records in project quality management with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the renewable energy industry.
• Expertise and practical experience in quality planning, quality assurance and quality control.
• Specific knowledge in quality management system standards, hands-on experience using a
variety of quality tools, and high EHS awareness.
• Good at leading and adapting successful team ventures, developing, and managing employees, and maintaining relationships with external entities such as customers, suppliers, and contractors.
• Work effectively with global cross-functional cross-cultural colleagues, customers, suppliers, and contractors on quality matters, influence with or without authority.
• Able to productively work in a hybrid work environment with excellent focus and time management under minimum supervision.
• A positive, resilient, dedicated, flexible and dependable individual, highly motivated self-starter, great communicator, and resourceful team player.
• Have a deep drive to get results and complete tasks to successfully and timely achieve deliverables in a fast-paced business environment.
• Able to distill and deliver clear and succinct messages tailored for different audiences.
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.