Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Procurement Coordinator
Department:SSES – Procurement
Reports To:Director of Sourcing & Production
The Procurement Coordinator will assist with preparing and coordinating procurement related activities in accordance with the prescribed procedures to support the development and implementation of energy storage projects. Experience with large/utility scale construction related procurement processes, the ability to interpret contracts and experience with SAP is essential. Knowledge of energy storage systems, project management processes and contract management processes, would be highly desirable.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
• Monthly reporting of project and procurement related activities.
• Onboarding suppliers, including execution of non-disclosure agreements and anti-bribery and corruption forms.
• Compiling, submitting, RFP and RFQ packages for Battery, Inverter and EMS equipment as well as EPC services.
• Maintaining proposal trackers.
• Filing, and normalizing RFP and RFQ responses for Battery, Inverter and EMS equipment as well as EPC services.
• Maintaining procurement database.
• Compiling and filing vender selection forms.
• Generating purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and stock transfer orders in SAP.
• Manage communication flow for contract submittals, project reporting, invoicing, vendor submittals and other documentation between customer, project team, and suppliers.
• Support in the development of contract exhibits.
• Support in the drafting of change orders, contract amendments and notices.
• Submit documentation for review and execution via docusign.
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum capabilities will include the following:
• Experience with PR/PO/STO functions in SAP is essential.
• Experience with Smartsheets is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline from a university or college.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual)
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally with colleagues as well as externally with suppliers.
• Strong organizational and time management skills; Acute awareness and ability to manage to deadlines.
• Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Project
• Accuracy and attention to detail is key to this position.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
• Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team
• Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct
• Ability to work flexible hour (evenings, weekends) if required
• Valid Driver’s license, valid insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
• Travel required up to 50% of the time.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.