Financial Analyst (Energy Storage)
Canadian Solar is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, custom-designed solar power applications and battery energy storage system products. Canadian Solar is also a developer, constructor and operator of utility scale solar powered electrical plants and battery energy storage systems. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar and energy storage needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
The Financial Analyst must reside in the London or surrounding area.
We’re actively seeking a Financial Analyst to join our growing Global Energy Storage team and lead cost modeling, cashflow forecasting, and tax modeling efforts for Energy Storage project opportunities.
- Partner with business development, project management, legal, and senior management stakeholders to effectively manage financial & project risk to maximize value to Canadian Solar.
- Perform financial analyses on project economics using excel based financial models.
- Support business development team members in the sales process for energy storage projects
- Develop relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to effectively understand and convey financial risks and opportunities on the projects.
- Develop an understanding of relevant tax and accounting rules for projects.
- Creation of proposals, information memorandums, presentations, project schedules and internal presentations and data rooms.
- Assist with gathering and presenting information for financial partners performing due diligence on projects.
- Facilitate flow of information between finance, development, legal and business development teams during transaction execution.
- Work closely with technical, legal, financial, and other advisors during due diligence exercises.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, or Economics.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in financial modeling of renewable energy projects or similar business.
- Prior transaction experience with a leading commercial or investment bank, investor, developer of utility scale renewable energy projects, or energy sector equipment manufacturer.
- Expert-level financial modeling, analysis and presentation skills required.
- Strong quantitative aptitude, with an extremely high level of attention to detail and willingness to assume ownership of work product.
- Highly driven, proactive, and flexible - willing to work as required to meet demands of project teams located in different time zones.
- Work will be performed in a standard office environment, in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, and reaching.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaboratively, and cross-culturally.
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO, and sick days.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.