Regional Sales Manager
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically‐integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom‐designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world‐class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest‐growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager, Mid-Atlantic, USA
Location:Home Office with Territory Travel
Reports to: Director of Sales
Manage customer relationships and develop business opportunities in a multi-state territory. Drive sales and cement Canadian Solar as a market share leader in the respective region. Sell the products from CSI’s component portfolio.
- Contact and meet existing prospects and clients and build a close, binding relationship to understand their needs and to ensure the company’s solutions are positioned correctly to meet those needs.
- Generate, identify and contact new leads through different sources and trade publications.
- Develop an account penetration strategy to grow the customer base within the territory.
- Achieve targets for sales volume, revenue and gross margin as well as targets for territory management including but not limited to market-share, customer base.
- Manage the entire sales cycle of our PV products and manage the integration of our products into small utility, commercial & industrial and residential sectors by understanding the technical and financial project needs and offering project specific support packages outside the product where applicable.
- Frequently establish and communicate sales forecasts, sales opportunities and prospect review.
- Collect and share competitive information as well as market and territory data from the field to assist in marketing strategies as well as to define products, sales and business development activities.
- Participate in trade shows and conferences to represent the company, to entertain clients and prospects and to close new sales opportunities.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50% time depending on schedule and customer requirements and mostly within the sales territory.
- Must have at least 5+ years of B2B selling experience, including 3+ years in the photovoltaic industry
- Engineering background / technical sales proficiency preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn detailed information about both the wider solar energy industry, trends and be a subject matter expert in state level markets.
- Demonstrated an ability to find and signup new prospects.
- Experience with value selling and designing an account penetration strategy/plan is required.
- Ability to find the decision maker in a complex deal.
- Strong presentation and communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively.
- Participate in regular review meetings and trainings.
- Reliable transportation necessary either personal car or car rental is possible– business travel expenses are reimbursed frequently.
- High proficiency of MS Office applications and Sales Force.com
- Bachelors or Associate degree in business management, administration, engineering, supply chain or related a related field is preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision
- Great work ethic, can-do attitude, competitive and driven attributes needed.
- Ability to support a flexible work schedule will be required
- We foster a team environment; honesty, responsibility and meeting commitments are key values
- The candidate must reside in the region with a preference of a close proximity to a major airport.
- Meet the needs of the residential, commercial and small utility scale PV market and customers.
- Establish “product bankability” to support clients with project financing and lender acceptance
- Ability to sell the full suite of components needed for a PV system (racking, inverter, BOS components).
- Local US presence with multiple warehouses, tech support staff
- Ability to meet sales price requirements and to outperform competitors
- Be technology agnostic (means positioning different PV technologies and offering broad variety of PV products)
- Highly motivated and will support sales and fulfill customer requirements and needs to drive the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full-time salaried position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Copyright CSI(USA), Inc. 10/14/2019