Key Account Manager (Utility Scale)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing the complete sales cycle from opportunity origination to contract execution and managing the relationship with strategic, utility-scale clients for our module and system components business in North America.
- Manage the relationship with key accounts, identify, quote, follow up, track progress, and close sales opportunities.
- Negotiate complex contracts and understand all influencing factors of the client’s decision-making process. Bring-in and manage technical, legal, planning, operations, logistics, and financial internal resources to support and execute deals.
- Interact with new and existing clients and prospects on a regular basis to understand customer requirements, both technical and commercial.
- Determine, understand, develop, and manage project opportunities in the solar PV Utility Scale market segment and quote and manage product and solution offers.
- Manage long sales cycles, provide account forecasts, and keep the company’s CRM and other company information tools up to date.
- Analyze the market for potential new clients and accounts for Canadian Solar and structure the respective opportunities pipeline. Reach out to potential new clients and establish relationships.
- Develop together with the Canadian Solar USA leadership team strategies to position Canadian Solar as one of the key product and solution provider in the utility-scale, North American PV Market and incorporate these in the day-to-day activities.
- Schedule, manage, participate, and run special customer events, customer trainings, client panels and other activities to maintain and strengthen the relationship between client and Canadian Solar. This will include customer trips to tour and audit the ingot, wafer, cell, and module factories of Canadian Solar together with the client / prospect.
- Run account reviews and manage the payment balance of all respective key accounts
- Travel up to 50% - Flexible schedule will be required.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must have at least five (5) years of solar experience.
- High degree of Solar PV knowledge preferred and highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex contractual negotiations involving multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with value selling and designing an account development strategy/plan.
- Demonstrated ability to find and signup new clients, accounts and prospects.
- Ability to find the decision maker in a complex deal.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively.
- Strong presentation and communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, administration, engineering, supply chain or related field
- Learn and understand existing customers and prospects business and practices.
- Position and promote value selling of our products.
- Close contracts and obtain purchase orders.
- Research and locate new potential prospects.
- Confirm/determine prospects needs, their unknown issues and reason to change vendors.
- Leverage our products and company’s unique capabilities and strengths.
- Find the decision makers business and personal decisions to make or change order.
- Initiate creative solutions to customer needs.
- Collect and share competitive information from the field to assist in marketing strategies.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision.
- Great work ethic, can-do personality, competitive and driven.
- We foster a team environment; honesty and meeting commitments are key values.
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO time, and casual sick days.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.