Regional Sales Manager (Energy Storage)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically‐integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, inverters, energy storage and custom‐designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world‐class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest‐growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
The Regional Sales Manager must reside in Texas (Dallas, Houston, Austin) and trave throughout the State.
The Regional Sales Manager will develop business opportunities for our flexible & intelligent residential energy storage system the EP Cube. Manage relationships, drive sales, and cement Canadian Solar as a market share leader in the respective region.
- Manage the EP Cube sales cycle. Generate, identify, and contact new leads. Develop account penetration strategy to grow the customer base within the territory. Meet with prospects & clients and build a close relationship to understand their needs.
- Ensure the company’s solutions are positioned correctly to meet those needs.
- Be the face of Canadian Solar, drive brand awareness and recognition in the marketplace.
- Achieve targets for sales volume, revenue, and gross margin as well as targets for territory management including but not limited to market-share, customer base growth.
- Understand the technical and financial project needs and offering project specific support packages outside the product where applicable.
- Frequently establish and communicate sales forecasts, sales opportunities, and prospect review.
- Collect and share competitive information as well as market and territory data from the field to assist in marketing strategies as well as to define products, sales and business development activities.
- Participate in trade shows and conferences to represent the company, to entertain clients and prospects and to close new sales opportunities.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% time depending on schedule and customer requirements and mostly within the sales territory.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors or Associate degree in business management, administration, engineering, supply chain or related a related field is preferred
- Min 5+ years of B2B selling experience, including 2+ years in the energy storage & photovoltaic or related space – Required
- Engineering background / technical sales proficiency – Desired
- Ability to quickly learn detailed information about both the wider solar energy industry, trends and be a subject matter expert in state level markets.
- Demonstrated an ability to find and signup new prospects.
- Experience with value selling and designing an account penetration strategy/plan is required.
- Ability to find the decision maker in a complex deal.
- Strong presentation and communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively.
- Participate in regular review meetings and trainings.
- High proficiency of MS Office applications and Sales Force.com
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision.
- Great work ethic, can-do attitude, competitive and driven attributes needed.
- Ability to support a flexible work schedule will be required.
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and a performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO, and sick days.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.