Material Team Leader
Position Title: Production Material Leader
Reports To:Production Material Supervisor
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall material control and inventory control within Production. Also, the position is required to manage production materials and to coordinate with warehouse to prepare materials for production using.
In the meantime, to help drive continuous improvement in our material inventory accuracy, consumption rates, scrap rates and repair rates. It will co-ordinate and verify raw material deliveries to Production throughout the shift and ensure sufficient material to keep the lines running effectively.
- Be responsible for working with production department regarding material control, consumption, repair, and scrap
- Deliver raw materials to production lines as needed
- Operate with ERP system to balance raw materials.
- Handle material issues to minimize losses caused by line shut down
- Assist in organizing and leading, when required, in periodic inventory count and cycle count activities
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Communicate results and issues to shift staff and manager
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Able to take continental shift
- Strong Excel, SAP, and ERP system skills
- Accounting background preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience with production/material in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete the above responsibilities
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Analytical and time management skills
- Intermediate skills in Excel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.