Technical Support Engineer
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Entity: MSS KRCS
Reports to: Associate Director, Product Management & Technical Support
Location: Seoul, Korea
The Technical Support Engineer plays a key role in the region. Your primary responsibility is to provide sales support and related activities to our Power Electronics Business Unit.
- Technical Sales support and pre & post sales contact for technical or contract related questions
- Visit site together with sales managers (if needed) to do troubleshooting and inspection for inverters.
- Close collaboration with Product Management and Technical Services in HQ.
- Development of technical solutions for inverter claims.
- Development of Technical sales documentation on troubleshooting inverters
- Develop product training materials for customers and their potential end customers, including homeowners and installers.
- Supporting CSI certifications in collaboration with HQ qualification and certification team.
- Support customer system design and installation questions for after sales.
- Advocate of customer needs and requirements.
- Follow codes and certifications as they develop; analyze their impact on the market and specific products; make recommendations to management on how to leverage these developments to CSI’s benefit.
- Work with the marketing team to launch and communicate new products and their features and measure the introduction and sales success of the existing and new products.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business discipline is required; a graduate degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in sales engineering, technical sales, or product management, ideally in the utility-scale solar sector within the PV industry.
- Installation experience with PV module, Inverter and battery storage system is a strong plus.
- Experience in after sales support for Inverter Installation. Have a know-how in troubleshooting inverters.
- Excellent technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn detailed information about the existing product portfolio and to communicate and answer technical and product related questions and topics.
- Convincingly and effectively communicate with customers, installers, developers, PV integrators, industry working groups and regulatory authorities.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with others effectively, also over multiple time zones and with different cultures.
- Ability / Willingness to travel.
- Excellent organizational, strategic planning and implementation skills.
- Articulate with strong writing and presentation skills. In addition, this role will possess strong analytical, be process-oriented and attentive to detail.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.