Regional Sales Manager (Midwestern Region)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated solar project developer, turnkey service provider and manufacturer of solar cells, modules, inverters, connectors. Canadian Solar’s world‐class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest‐growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
The Regional Sales Manager must reside in the Midwestern region (Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, etc.) and travel throughout the territory.
Manage customer relationships and develop business opportunities in a multi-state territory. Drive sales and cement CSI Solar as a market share leader in the respective region. Sell the products from CSI’s component portfolio including but not limited to modules, inverters, storage in a direct to business sales capacity to integrators, EPCs, developers and financiers and independent power producers.
- Contact and meet existing prospects and clients and build a close, binding relationship to understand their needs and to ensure the company’s solutions are positioned correctly to meet those needs.
- Generate, identify, and contact new leads through different sources and trade publications.
- Develop an account penetration strategy to grow the customer base within the territory.
- Achieve targets for sales volume, revenue, gross margin, territory management including but not limited to market-share, customer base growth.
- Manage the entire sales cycle of our PV products and manage the integration of our products into small utility, commercial & industrial and residential sectors by understanding the technical and financial project needs and offering project specific support packages outside the product where applicable.
- Frequently establish and communicate sales forecasts, sales opportunities, and prospect review.
- Collect and share competitive information as well as market and territory data from the field to assist in marketing strategies as well as to define products, sales, and business development activities.
- Participate in trade shows and conferences to represent the company, to entertain clients and prospects and to close new sales opportunities.
- Ability to travel within sales territory per customer and business requirements (car/airplane) – Up to 50%
- The needs of the residential, commercial, and small utility scale PV market and customers.
- Establish “product bankability” to support clients with project financing and lender acceptance
- Ability to sell the full suite of components needed for a PV system (racking, inverter, BOS components).
- Aging inventory control and sales supported by local US warehouses.
- Ability to meet sales price requirements and to outperform competitors.
- Penetrate accounts and strengthen product and service adoption over time.
- Ability to negotiate commercial terms on supply contracts.
- Increase market share and maintain leadership position in the territory.
- Be technology agnostic (means positioning different PV technologies and offering broad variety of PV products).
- Highly motivated and will support sales and fulfill customer requirements and needs to drive the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- We foster a team environment; honesty, responsibility and meeting commitments are key values.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors or Associate degree in business management, administration, engineering, supply chain or related a related field – Desired
- 5+ years of B2B selling experience, including 3+ years in the photovoltaic industry within the C&I space – Required
- Engineering background / technical sales proficiency – Desired
- Proven experience finding & selling to new prospects, identify key decision makers, navigating complex deals, and managing & negotiating commercial terms on supply contracts – Required.
- Experience with value selling – Required
- Ability to quickly learn detailed information about the wider solar energy industry, trends, and be a subject matter expert in state level markets.
- Develop and execute account penetration strategies.
- Participate in regular review and training meetings.
- High proficiency of MS Office applications and SalesForce.com
- Strong presentation, communication, written, and verbal skills. Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision.
- Strong work ethic, can-do attitude, competitive and driven attributes needed.
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.