Grid Compliance and Commissioning Manager
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and battery energy storage solutions. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar and energy storage needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
As a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, e-STORAGE is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. At the core of the e-STORAGE platform is SolBank a self manufactured, lithium-iron phosphate chemistry-based battery engineered for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, promote clean energy integration, and foster a more resilient and sustainable energy landscape.
Position Title: Grid Compliance and Commissioning Manager
Department: Commissioning and Service Team
Reports to: Sr. Commissioning Manager
Location: Remote TX, CA or AZ with 50% travel to project site
The primary responsibilities of the Grid Compliance and Commissioning Manager is to ensure that the grid connection deliverables and testing required to be submitted to the ISO and the Grid Operator by e-Storage and its’s partners or subcontractors, are provided in a timely, and high-quality manner to guarantee on time energization and smooth commissioning.
- Track all project deliverables related to grid interconnection and report monthly on status and issues.
- Proactively identify manage changes in interconnection scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Prepare realistic grid commissioning schedules.
- Manage close out of grid connection to agreed timeframes.
- Attend all relevant meetings with ISO, grid operator and design engineers.
- Review and provide comments on design documents and studies.
- Engage and manage power systems engineering consultants when as required.
- Prepare technical documentation and Scope of Work for engineering consultants.
- Review and comment on technical documentation and Scope of Work during tender preparation.
- Assist in preparation of all grid modelling for NERC and ISO compliance.
- Oversee interconnection commissioning planning and tests with EPC contractor and third-party consultants.
- Assist the Project Manager with the preparation of contractual notices related to scope changes and other grid connection matters.
- Review various power studies such as PSCAD modeling to ensure NERC compliance.
- Coordinate and conduct NERC MOD-26 and MOD-27 testing.
- Responding to NERC and ISO testing and data requests
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Engineering Degree in Electrical or Power Systems.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in Generator Interconnection to Transmission or Distribution networks.
- Experience with Grid Impact Studies, grid model testing in the generation, transmission and/or distribution systems.
- Experience with harmonics modeling and assessment.
- Experience with NERC IBR requirements and ongoing work to improve reliability.
- Knowledge of all legal and technical documentation related to US grid connection.
- Static and Dynamic Modeling Tools/Software experience (e.g., PSCAD, PSS/E, PSLF)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external customer team members.
- Ability to travel up to 50% to project sites.