Project Quality Engineer
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
As a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, e-STORAGE is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. At the core of the e-STORAGE platform is SolBank a self manufactured, lithium-iron phosphate chemistry-based battery engineered for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, promote clean energy integration, and foster a more resilient and sustainable energy landscape.
Position Title: Project Quality Engineer
Reports To:Sr. Director of Quality - Product, Project and EHS
Location:Hybrid, (US -CA, TX, AZ or Canada-Ontario)
CS e-Storage is looking for a Project Quality Engineer to execute and monitor all project quality work. The Project Quality Engineer is responsible for executing the Project’s Site-Specific Quality Plan (SSQP), tracking root cause analysis (RCA) of any quality issues, and communicating solutions developed and lessons learned. This individual serves as a point of contact for coordination with different parties including owner representatives, EPC contractors, equipment suppliers, O&M service providers and CS e-storage team members. Strong dedication of achieving quality objectives, extensive experience in project quality execution, knowledge of manufacturing, function and O&M of inverters, transformers or lithium-ion battery, good communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills, and capabilities of working under pressure and tight timeline are highly valued in this position.
- Develop, execute, and review the Project Site Specific Quality Plan (SSQP) and the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) with internal project team members and external suppliers and contractors to meet clients’ contractual requirements and expectations.
- Plan, execute, and monitor all aspects of project quality assurance activities at different project phases. Answer quality questionnaires, understand contractual quality requirements, create, and review Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), conduct quality audits and RCA.
- Lead and facilitate the generation of lessons learned from past projects and their implementation in future projects for continuous improvement in project quality.
- Identify and track quality Issues/observations/non-compliances, document and communicate their resolutions in accordance with the contractual requirements and the SSQP.
- Coordinate with and support engineering, project execution, and O&M teams in resolving equipment problems and proactively preventing performance issues. Assist commercial, procurement and legal teams with quality-related tasks.
- Implement and update project quality management system (PQMS) according to ISO standards to meet the ever-evolving BESS business development and project quality needs.
- Cultivate and exemplify a quality culture that focuses on awareness of personal impacts, openness, and willingness to learn and get better together, doing things safely and right the first time, and promoting continuous improvement in everything we do at CS e-Storage.
- Travel within US, Canada, Europe, Australia, and other locations where business requires with short notice in weekends or overnight. Work flexible hours (evenings, weekends) as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Director and the management.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in quality disciplines, engineering, project management, or similar subject areas.
- Proven track records in project quality with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the renewable energy industry or automotive industry.
- Capable of conducting RCA and tracking its progress to completion and driving suppliers for temporary containment and permanent corrective actions.
- Hands-on experience in quality planning, quality assurance, quality control, and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, function and O&M of inverters, transformers, or lithium-ion battery products; willing and able to learn new subjects and skills.
- Good at developing/maintaining fruitful relationships and working effectively with global cross-functional cross-cultural colleagues, customers, suppliers, and contractors on quality matters.
- Able to distill and deliver clear and succinct messages tailored for different audiences.
- Have a deep drive to get results and complete tasks to successfully and timely achieve deliverables in a fast-paced business environment.
- Able to remain productive and get things done in a hybrid work environment with excellent focus and time management skills under minimum supervision.
- A positive, resilient, dedicated, flexible and dependable individual, highly motivated self-starter, good communicator, and resourceful team player.