Senior O&M Field Technician
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Senior O&M Field Technician
Department:Operations & Maintenance | Module and System Solutions
Reports to: Operations & Maintenance Manager
Canadian Solar, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior O&M Field Technician for our Module and System Solutions division. The Senior O&M Field Technician is a mid-level position into the solar operations industry, and will be responsible for maintenance checks, troubleshooting and repair of project equipment related to any operational solar farms or roof top projects. The successful candidate will have strong electrical/ mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting techniques and organizational skills to drive and achieve project uptime and production targets of projects and must be capable of working independently or within a team environment.
- Troubleshoot daily project system issues to meet uptime goals.
- Understand hourly production output targets and if there is any danger of not meeting them, execute a plan for correction or elevation of the situation.
- Perform routine maintenance (PMs, start-up tests, etc.) on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed before elevating the problems to Operations & Maintenance Manager.
- Identify potential problems and suggest changes or corrective actions.
- Work with other members of the maintenance team, sub-contractors and other groups to continuously improve system performance, drive product quality and maintenance cost improvement.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various project systems issues such as inverters, switchgear, transformers, breakers, communications equipment, etc.
- Follow the maintenance schedules and conduct machine preventative maintenance.
- Provide machine operation, maintenance and troubleshooting training to operators and others as needed.
- Assist in developing standard operating documents for machine maintenance, operations and training.
- Assist with project commissioning and testing providing knowledge expertise.
- Oversee and Supervise sub-contractors.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Conduct other duties as required.
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on experience in field work; renewable energy (Solar, wind or similar) environment is an asset.
- Successfully passed the North Carolina Electrical Contractor Unlimited Examination and is willing to be the Qualified Individual for Canadian Solar’s Unlimited License
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
- NABCEP Certification is a plus.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing various types of electrical machinery and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work outside normal daytime hours of 8am to 5:00pm (plus nights and weekends) responding to emergency service or project equipment issues.
- Must be willing to travel; currently all project locations are within North Carolina.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Must have a valid driver’s license.