Director of Sales, Australia
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
Position Title: Director of Sales, Australia
Entity: MSS AUC1
Reports to: Country Manager, Modules and System Solutions, Australia & New Zealand
The Director of Sales is responsible for leading the Sales team, planning and implementing comprehensive internal and external programs that increase revenue and profits utilizing the existing sales force and expanding or modifying the team as needed. This role is in a key position to formulate innovative business development and sales strategies. The Director of Sales will form productive and sustainable relationships with external business partners and the community to ensure the ongoing success of our business.
- Execute Company strategic plans.
- Responsible for delivering the targeted quarterly and annual revenue and margin contributions.
- Drive and coach the national sales team to achieve quarterly targets.
- Identify project and client opportunities while managing programs and assisting with the preparation of marketing materials and campaigns.
- Establish and manage a network of customers.
- Assess operational issues regarding competitiveness, staying current in terms of trends, innovations and pricing.
- Stay up to date with external and internal developments in the environment for identifying new market segments.
- Carry out feasibility studies/business plans for product or service improvement, customizing, re-modeling and new product / sales / service development.
- Manage specific programs for all new products.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a similar role, with a focus on sales of renewable energy related technology or systems
- Relevant tertiary education in marketing or engineering preferred, but not essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record of managing own workload and client groups to meet sales targets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.