Key Account Manager, Central Region
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Key Account Manager – Western Region
Reports To: Director of Sales – Key Accounts/Utility Solutions
Based: Austin, TX/Central Region Remote Location
Travel: 50% travel time
Work Visa: Authorized to work in the USA
Type: Full Time
Key Account Manager will develop strategies to develop stronger client relationships and be the key provider of products in North American PV market.
- Analyze the western area market for potential new clients and accounts for CSI and structure the respective customer levels and opportunities.
- Develop together with the CSI USA team strategies to position CSI as one of the key product and solution provider in the Western Area of the North American PV Market and execute those aligned strategies in the day to day activities.
- Quote, track and close sales opportunities and manage to understand all influencing factors of the decision making process. Bring-in and manage – if required – technical and financial support to finalize deals.
- Interact with new and existing clients and prospects on a regular basis to understand customer requirements, both technical and commercial.
- Manage, participate and run special customer events, customer trainings, client panels and other special activities to maintain and strengthen the relationship between client and CSI. This will include customer trips to China to tour the cell and module factories of CSI together with the customer / prospect.
- Determine, understand, develop and manage project opportunities in both Utility Scale and Commercial Scale area and quote and manage product and solution offers.
- Run account reviews and manage the payment balance with all respective key accounts
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Must have at least five (5) years of solar experience, specifically with utility scale projects.
- High degree of Solar PV knowledge preferred and highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex contractual negotiations involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience with value selling and designing an account penetration strategy/plan.
- Demonstrated ability to find and signup new prospects.
- Ability to find the decision maker in a complex deal.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively.
- Strong presentation and communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Bachelors or degree in electrical engineering, or related field is preferred. Master is a plus for this position.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision.
- Great work ethic, can-do personality, competitive and driven.
- We foster a team environment; honesty and meeting commitments are key values.
- Ability to travel 50% +. Flexible schedule will be required.
- Learn and understand existing customers and prospects business and practices.
- Position and promote value selling of our products.
- Research and locate new potential prospects.
- Confirm/determine prospects needs, their unknown issues and reason to change vendors.
- Leverage our products and company’s unique capabilities and strengths.
- Find the decision makers business and personal decisions to make or change order.
- Initiate creative solutions to customer needs.
- Collect and share competitive information from the field to assist in marketing strategies.