Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically‐integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom‐designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world‐class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest‐growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: RMA Representative
Department:Technical Support & Services
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Reports To:Director, Technical Support & Services, Americas
Canadian Solar, Inc. is seeking a team member for its Technical Services Team. The RMA Representative will provide initial customer contact on technical and warranty related issues and be responsible for working on a variety of assignments where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Apply the RMA process for the Americas, while maintaining the balance between the Company's bottom line, contractual obligations to our customers and providing exceptional customer service
- Provide consistent and proactive service solution to external and internal customer inquiries regarding technical support of CSI product and following through on all commitments
- Evaluate returned material requests from CSI customers and provide input to help determine if returned material qualifies for customer refund or replacement, including the management of all warranty replacements
- Develop responses to special correspondences and handle special assignments and problems such as responses to complex RMAs or product application problems with support from internal resources as needed
- Generate internal and external technical service requests and coordinate with Technical Services personnel as needed
- Follow guidelines, procedures, including approved Delegation of Authority
- Actively pursue continuous improvements to meet or exceed customer needs, such as decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work collaboratively to provide quality seamless customer service
- Provide input during the development of systems, methods and procedures to facilitate efficient and effective Technical Support/RMA department operations, while ensuring processes are properly documented
- Report/Escalate customer issues through the appropriate channels, including supervisor and appropriate departments, when returned product contains quality problems or other manufacturing defectives
- Support ad hoc projects focusing on key initiatives, such as but not limited to CSI’s Retrofit Program.
- Create and follow up to closure, all RMA cases within Salesforce by accurately and efficiently entering data received from the customer or other information sources within acceptable time frames.
- Maintain detailed documentation for all customer cases
- Appraise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements
- Create and run reports as needed
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as needed
- BS Degree in Engineering or relevant technical field desirable
- 3+ years of customer service and RMA experience in a Technical Support environment, preferred within the solar manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications, including: Salesforce, Sharepoint, MS Suite, & SAP
- Oral, written and interpersonal skills to effectively manage expectations of internal and external customers.
- Negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Organized and experienced in managing multiple tasks in parallel
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Professional demeanor; Ability to deal with customers appropriately.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaboratively and cross-culturally.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Work will be performed in a standard office environment, in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, and reaching
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish is desirable
Job Description – RMA Representative
F:\HR\Recruiting\JOB DESCRIPTION\Sales & Inside Sales