Senior Credit Analyst
Position Title: Senior Credit Analyst
Department: Accounting & Finance
Reports To: Senior Manager
Location: Canadian Solar (USA) Inc., Walnut Creek, Ca
Position: Full Time
About Canadian Solar:
Founded in 2001 in Canada, Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is one of the world's largest and foremost solar power companies. As a leading vertically integrated provider of solar modules, specialized solar products and solar power plants with operations in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Australia and Asia, Canadian Solar has delivered more than 5GW of premium quality solar modules to customers in over 70 countries. Canadian Solar is committed to improve the environment and dedicated to provide advanced solar energy products, solutions and services to enable sustainable development around the world. For more information, please visit www.canadiansolar.com
- Create analyses of financial statements of customers to determine credit limits and recommendation, submit customer credit application to credit insurance underwriter for approval.
- Manage and control the customer credit limit database and review / approve new customer purchase orders to be within approved credit or to manage internal and external solutions to enable PO execution with limited risk level.
- Monitor the credit risk of existing customers to reduce risk of bad debt.
- Interact with sales team and AR specialist in effort to mitigate and resolve all customer disputes, cash flow concerns or any collection issue, which delays timely payment.
- Work with AR specialist to ensure successful collection of delinquent accounts. Negotiate payment plans with customers and set up terms and conditions of receivable based on Company policy.
- Maintain accurate records of customer credit accounts and files.
- Prepare and provide necessary credit reports such as Open-to-Buy, credit exposure by customers, on a regular basis to assist management for business decisions.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
· 3-5 years commercial finance field
· Excellent commercial service skills
· Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, concisely and on a professional level
· Results oriented, organized, highly motivated and detailed
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize