Global Quality System and Compliance Manager
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
As a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, e-STORAGE is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. At the core of the e-STORAGE platform is SolBank a self-manufactured, lithium-iron phosphate chemistry-based battery engineered for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, promote clean energy integration, and foster a more resilient and sustainable energy landscape.
Position Title:Global Quality System and Compliance Manager
Reports To: Sr. Director of Quality - Product, Project and EHS
Location:Hybrid (US-CA, TX, AZ or other states, Canada-Ontario)
As the Global Quality System and Compliance Manager, you will play a pivotal role in establishing, maintaining, and enhancing our internal quality management system and compliance governance processes with a strong emphasis on implementation and applications to meet customer expectations and regulatory requirements as well as to improve our organization’s effectiveness and efficiency on a continuous basis. Your leadership and expertise will ensure that E-Storage remains compliant with industry standards and regulatory requirements while promoting a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Establish, implement, and continually update the Quality Management System (QMS) and compliance governance processes in accordance with industry standards to meet the ever-evolving business and quality compliance needs.
- Stay current with regional governmental regulations and standards relevant to the company's products and services. Ensure the organization's compliance with these requirements.
- Identify potential risks associated with product quality or regulatory requirements; develop and implement solutions for them; verify the proper implementation and effectiveness.
- Drive quality and compliance related communication globally to promote global awareness of the company’s quality and compliance culture, policies, initiatives, processes, and requirements.
- Foster a culture of "Safety First, Quality Must" that prioritizes safety awareness, continuous learning, and adherence to quality standards.
- Identify global quality and compliance training needs based on the gap and risk assessment; develop and implement annual mandatory training with a consistent and global approach.
- Plan, organize, lead, and monitor quality and compliance activities across different phases of projects. Evaluate and analyze KPI data and identify trends for solutions or improvement.
- Develop the Project Site Specific Quality Plan (SSQP) and Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) in collaboration with project team members, ensuring alignment with client contractual requirements and expectations.
- Ensure adherence to contractual quality requirements, manage supplier and contractor quality, and oversee ITPs and Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), by conducting internal quality audits.
- Lead the generation of lessons learned from past projects and incorporate these insights into future projects to drive continuous improvement.
- Identify, document, and communicate quality and compliance issues and observations in accordance with contractual requirements and the SSQP, organize and facilitate resolution meetings with relevant parties internal and external to e-Storage.
- Coordinate and collaborate with engineering, project execution, O&M and business development teams to conduct quality-related tasks.
- Travel within the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and other locations as needed, including weekends and overnight stays.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Quality Management, Project Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven 7+ years of proven experience in a similar role, preferably in the renewable energy industry.
- Strong knowledge of global regulatory requirements, standards, and guidelines (e.g., FDA, ISO, GMP, etc.). Experience with compliance audits and inspections.
- Expertise in developing and implementing QMS programs, including quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control.
- Working experience in quality management system standards (ISO9001, IATF16949, etc.), change management, process development, document control, and quality tools.
- Strong leadership, team management ability, and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent skills in communication and collaboration with global, cross-functional teams and stakeholders. Clear and concise communication tailored to various audiences.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, resourceful, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Results-oriented, resilient, flexible, and dependable, with excellent time management skills.