Payroll & Human Resources Specialist
Job Description – Canadian Solar Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar Inc. delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Payroll and HR Specialist
Department:Human Resources, Canada, Energy Group
Reports To:Human Resources Business Partner, Canada
Reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner, the Guelph based Payroll and HR Specialist will be responsible for the successful facilitation and administration of payroll services.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Process in-house bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls
- Analyze regular vs. overtime hours for accuracy
- Enter and maintain employee pay data, update payroll records as needed
- Track salary adjustments, sick and vacation time
- Update employee payroll deductions and verify deductions match enrollment report
- Perform employment verifications when requested
- Research and resolve pay issues
- Review insurance billings to accurately reconcile between bill, payments and deductions
- Participate in year-end payroll tasks
- Ensure compliance with Federal and Provincial Acts, Codes and Regulations
- Prepare special reports for management and external audits
- Receive, review and action PANs for payroll purposes
- Support the HR Team with ad hoc reporting and special projects
- Provide Payroll Support by serving as the first point of contact for employee questions and escalating issues to the Human Resources Business Partner
- Process employee changes and transactions in HR, Benefits and Payroll systems with high level of accuracy and data integrity
- Answer staff queries regarding payroll and human resource matters
- Prepare GL entries, account reconciliations, and accruals
- Assist in implementation and interpretation of HR practices, policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in HR
- Assist in full-cycle recruitment and onboarding
- Draft various HR letters and documents (employment agreements, PRs, PANs, verification letters, etc.)
- Maintain and update HRIS
- Perform weekly filing and digitizing of HR related documents
- Maintain accurate records for compensation, RSPs and Benefits programs
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of Post-secondary degree or certification program in Human Resources and/or Payroll Administration
- 5+ years Payroll experience
- 1-3 Years HR Generalist experience
- Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner preferred
- Experience with ADP payroll platforms, preferably Pay@Work
- HRIS and SAP accounting software experience preferred
- Experience with SAP Success Factors preferred
- Experience with time keeping software – ADP preferred
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations
- Full-cycle recruitment experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs, specifically MS Excel
- Thorough understanding of payroll practices and related provincial and federal legislation
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service minded
- Strong analytical skills needed to trouble shoot and solve problems
- Deadline-oriented, highly organized self-starter
- Meticulous attention to details and accuracy
- Flexible outlook toward task management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.
Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.