Key Accounts and Contracts Manager
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
As one of the world’s largest solar technology and renewable energy companies, Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations.
Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
Position Title: Key Accounts and Contracts Manager
Entity: CSI SSES UK
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Location: Remote - UK, Greater London
The Key Accounts and Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing RFP and competitive bid processes, negotiating contracts with contractors and suppliers, conducting cost analysis, and making product decisions. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a construction procurement role and strong analytical, communication and process management skills. Experience with domestic or local content programs and union or prevailing wage requirements is preferred.
- Work with supply chain to capture intelligence and generate insights on supply chain and PV landscape.
- Develop key requirements for RFP and evaluate bid results.
- Evaluate contractors’ and suppliers’ compliance with domestic or local content programs and union or prevailing wage requirements.
- Conduct research and analysis for key decisions in strategic procurement.
- Partner with the Engineering to conduct performance/cost trade-off analysis and make decisions on system/equipment choices.
- Support other members in Procurement Team in achieving the overall group goals.
- Support the Project Development and Management team in competitive bid and project requirements.
- Responsible for analysis and modeling to support the strategic procurement process.
- Works closely with Engineering, Construction, and Development teams.
- Interacts with external parties including vendors, potential suppliers, etc.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- 4-year Business, Finance, Engineering or Economics degree required (or related).
- Prior solar experience preferred.
- Skillful at facilitating optimal decision-making by partnering closely with engineering and suppliers to maximize value and minimize costs.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to capture, synthesize and manage vast amounts of information.
- Proficient at aggregating and understanding requirements and information as part of the RFP process.
- Strong team and process management skills with clear view on deadlines.
- Ability to succinctly communicate analysis and conclusions through effective and professional presentations and spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills relating to significant contact, communication and interdependency with other employees and stakeholders in diverse roles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Access and Adobe Acrobat.
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.