Production Quality Inspector
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Production Inspector
Reports To:Production Leader/Supervisor
The Production Inspector is responsible for tasks involving physical labour in a manufacturing plant and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. The Production Inspector will be responsible for the efficient production of products according to established procedures following all safety protocols and workplace policies to ensure profitable business operations.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Similar inspection criterion and strictly follow WSI.
- Review EL image to decide pass/reject for a product.
- Check final assembly for finish, labelling, and packaging methods.
- Check mechanical dimensions and perform go-no-go electrical tests.
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies.
- Perform simple electrical and continuity testing of electronic components, parts, and systems.
- Collect, record, and summarize inspection results.
- Conduct cosmetic, functional inspection as per work instruction, Mark, record, and report defects.
- Clean and perform preparation of worksite, workstation, and machines.
- Completion of other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Able to take continental shift.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have and communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to quality and detail.
- Previous experience as a General Labourer in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Existing knowledge of Workplace Safety, First Aid and CPR preferred
- Able to perform repetitive tasks, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labour activities.