Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Accountant, Accounts Payable & Expenses
Job Code/Grade: 6102 / G2
Entity: Module & System Solutions
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Reports to: Controller, Accounting
Principal Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the full cycle AP accounting requirements of all product/service
- Matching of all source documents, Purchase Orders, purchase receipt, packing slips, and invoices and data input into SAP
- Payment and reconciliation of employee and managers’ reimbursement of expenses.
- Process refund for credit notes for goods returned
- Ensure invoices are correctly charged according to proper entity, cost center and GL accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for major vendors
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for AP sub-ledger to the General Ledger Control Account
- Manage and maintain existing and new vendor setup information in SAP and ensuring vendor requirements are complete, including W9 and W8
- Process vendor check runs/wires
- Communicate with vendors on invoice disputes and receiving and payments of outstanding accounts.
- Support other departments with vendor issues, pricing, and AP documentation
- Analyze any exchange variances
- 1099 Filing and 1096 Filing
- Complete monthly Bank Reconciliations and month-end closing procedures
- Provide support for annual OPEX budget and FCST. Provide analysis and research for variances against prior year and budget when necessary.
- Month-end reconciliations for A/P, Advances, Prepaid accounts, Accrued expenses
- Expense administration- All employee setups, processing 10-15 reports per week; reviewing and scrutinizing submissions and supports in detail
- Monthly reconciliation of Credit Card (AMEX)
- Ensure payments are approved according to company policy, Vendor Selection Process, CRF and DOA
- Ensure activities are SOX compliant
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned or needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of purchasing, receiving, inventory flow required
- Prior work experience with Accounting and Operations preferred
- Communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- SAP experience is a plus
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail required with advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Good work ethic and positive team attitude
- Work will be performed in a standard office environment, in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, and reaching.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.