Corporate Recruiter, Japan and APAC Region
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Corporate Recruiter, Japan and APAC Region
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Development & Executive Recruiting
Location:Tokyo, Japan (Hybrid-Remote) OR remote in APAC Region
The Corporate Recruiter, is responsible for sourcing, attracting and recruiting qualified personnel to join our team in bringing clean solar energy to the world! Recruitment efforts will focus on Japan and the APAC region, supporting our Module System Solutions (MSS) and Energy Group (EG) divisions of Canadian Solar. This is a new role which is highly visible and will interface with key stakeholders in each division.
- You will build strong collaborative relationships with hiring leaders, department managers and become a trusted recruitment partner.
- Develops pipeline of both active and passive candidates in niche areas as determined by market needs and business strategies
- Conducts phone screens, manages interview process, and coordinates interview debriefs while providing a consultative value
- Focuses on candidate experience while being highly responsive to both candidates and hiring managers
- Reduce recruiting expenditures by eliminating the use of recruitment firms
- Develops good working level knowledge of the applicant tracking system
- Collaborate with internal client groups to understand their hiring needs
- Maintain reporting metrics and generate reports
- Work closely with internal recruiting team to develop and execute tactical sourcing strategies to create appropriate candidate flow and pipeline to meet overall recruiting goals
- Review, interpret and ensure compliance with employment laws
- Own the employee experience and provide day-to-day support to employees and leaders across the full employee lifecycle, including onboarding / offboarding, employment policies, HRIS and benefits
- Support staff members with writing job description, making offer recommendations and drafting offer letters
- Participate in creating SOPs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 2-4 years of experience with full cycle recruiting / sourcing / HR Experience, exceptional interviewing skills, ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and a passion for finding exceptionally talented people.
- Experience recruiting for technical and non-technical roles as well as senior leadership positions
- Experience with HRIS System(s)
- Experience with Applicant Tracking System(s)
- Self-motivated, professional demeanor, strong business acumen and willingness for continual learning
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English fluently
- Bilingual in Japanese is a plus
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.