Regional O&M Manager
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title:Regional O&M Manager, USA
Location: Remote (could also do Austin, TX or Walnut Creek, CA office)
Reports To: Director of Operations O&M, Energy Group
Canadian Solar Inc. is seeking an Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Manager to oversee all field technicians on sites across the US. The individual must have a background in electrical engineering, construction, and maintenance of solar PV systems. Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in a customer/ supplier service environment. Drive continuous improvement initiatives to achieve overall systems efficiency that meet customer revenue expectations while minimizing systems downtime. The individual will work closely with construction project management and sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the performance of the Field Technicians. Manage and schedule the Field technician’s day to day activities.
- Liaison with maintenance sub-contractors and suppliers on maintenance activities.
- Negotiate sub-contractor service agreements
- Prepare sub-contractor specifications for request for quotes
- Coordinate maintenance schedules on solar farms and commercial systems with suppliers, contractors and Field Technicians
- Review and approve maintenance reports. Analyse performance data determining root cause and performance trends
- Creating equipment specific maintenance schedules
- Training contractors and sub-contractors on equipment maintenance and operating procedures
- Determining spare parts requirements and developing a software tracking system for spare parts
- Strong focus on equipment down uptime while achieving our contractual obligations for availability and PR guarantees
- Personal performance will be measured through internal KPI’s
- Ensure that all personnel performing site maintenance activities to all health and safety policies
- Develop department maintenance and safety procedures
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and policies
- Conduct other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years plus work experience working in a service environment that includes electrical systems, controls systems, network communication hardware, and power generation hardware.
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Solar industry experience highly preferred. Construction or EPC experience okay.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications
- Minimum college diploma in Engineering Technology, or Engineering degree (electrical or software). Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Electrical background in maintenance an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at its own discretion.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.
Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities