Senior Tax Analyst
Job Title: Senior Tax Analyst
Job Code: 6123
Department: Corporate Finance
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Reports To: Senior Tax Manager
The Senior Tax Analyst, reporting directly to the Sr. Tax Manager, will be primarily responsible for US tax reporting, including US Federal, State, and local tax returns and tax accounting, including compliance, while directly supporting the activities for tax planning initiatives, transfer pricing, and other initiatives as required to directly support the business unit and department needs.
- Preparing transaction tax (sales/use, business & occupation, gross receipts, and property tax) returns for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings;
- Preparation and filing of federal, state, and local tax returns;
- Researching federal, state, and local tax issues as appropriate;
- Interpreting and complying with state, local and international statutes, regulations, and legislation;
- Providing guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations;
- Assisting with the reconciliation of transaction tax general ledger accounts;
- Tax support for mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions;
- Preparing for and assisting with tax audit, tax planning initiatives and transfer pricing;
- Developing and implementing process improvements;
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed for the business unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; CPA certification desirable;
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years of tax experience with proven track record of accomplishments;
- Big-Four experience and international tax exposure a plus;
- Working knowledge of SAP or Hyperion to enable data extract and reconciliation;
- Exposure to CorpTax or similar software desirable;
- US GAAP knowledge and solid experience with tax provisions;
- Bilingual in English & Mandarin preferred
- Work will be performed in a standard office environment, in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, and reaching.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaboratively and cross-culturally.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.