Sr. Performance & Service Engineer (e-STORAGE)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
As a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, e-STORAGE is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. At the core of the e-STORAGE platform is SolBank a self manufactured, lithium-iron phosphate chemistry-based battery engineered for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, promote clean energy integration, and foster a more resilient and sustainable energy landscape.
Position Title: (Sr.) Performance and Service Engineer
Reports To:Sr. Director of Energy Storage Engineering
Location:Hybrid, London Reading
The Performance and Service Engineer at CSI Energy Storage is a critical member of the Service team who will be responsible for providing support and troubleshooting of Solbank BESS Enclosure issues during commissioning and troubleshooting of entire BESS systems during the operational phase. A strong technical background with knowledge of BESS, PCS, EMS controls and networking is required.
- Assist Commissioning Manager and Service Technicians commissioning Solbank BESS Enclosures
- Provide BESS troubleshooting support remotely / local (as needed) to Service Technicians and Subcontractors
- Develop, maintain and refine preventative maintenance scope of works for BESS projects including BESS Enclosures, PCS, EMS, MV switchgear, auxiliary transformers, and panel boards
- Attend meetings with O&M subcontractor and equipment suppliers to discuss operational issues and maintenance activities
- Analyze performance data and trends to improve availability and BESS performance.
- Perform fault / trip diagnosis to establish root cause and resolution.
- Complete capacity testing, analysis of results and compile test reports
- Determine and recommend spare part requirements.
- Review monthly and annual reports and support Service PM with resolving discrepancies against reports received from subcontractors and equipment suppliers.
- Interface with other personnel in Service, Project Implementation, Engineering, Manufacturing and Business Development to provide continuous improvements to the company’s designs and processes.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the CSI Energy Storage Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to and enforce all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- 10+ years’ experience in a service environment, working with BESS, PCS, EMS control systems and LV / MV / HV equipment
- Engineering degree (electrical or software)
- Software programming knowledge and expertise with SCADA systems (InAccess would be a benefit)
- Network system architecture knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Knowledge of general and national codes, medium voltage power systems and photovoltaic or Energy Storage system applications is required.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual)
- Experience working with senior professionals in a fast-paced environment, often with tight deadlines, and flexibility to work overtime as required.
- Ability to respond well to questions and analyze complex requirements is essential.
- Project Management skills with ability to prioritize tasks.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct.
- Ability to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends) as required.
- Ability to travel as required.
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.