Have you been looking for the right job opportunity? Now is the time to consider being part of our evolving and growing team that is embarked on a journey to bring hope to your career endeavors. Leave the status quo behind and play an instrumental role in delivering renewable power to the world. What are you waiting for? Come join us! #makethedifference
-Work in an inclusive, global environment
-Contribute to the saving the earth from global warming
-Continue to learn, grow and be challenged in a fast-growing industry
-Have fun and connect with great people and managers
Position Title: O&M Supervisor
Reports to: Regional O&M Supervisor Latam
The successful candidate will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Possess a high degree of safety training and awareness and adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Troubleshoot daily project system issues to meet uptime goals.
- Understand hourly and daily solar farm production output targets. If there is any risk of not meeting them, execute a plan for correction or elevation of the situation.
- Perform routine maintenance (PMs, start-up tests, etc.) on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed before elevating any problems or issues.
- Identify potential problems and suggest changes or corrective actions.
- Work with other members of the O&M team, sub-contractors and other groups to continuously improve system performance, drive product quality and maintenance cost improvement.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various solar farm systems such as PV arrays, inverters, switchgear, transformers, breakers, communications and CCTV equipment, etc.
- Follow the maintenance schedules and conduct equipment preventative Maintenance.
- Assist in developing standard operating documents for equipment maintenance, operations and training.
- Assist with project commissioning and testing providing knowledge Expertise.
- Oversee and supervise sub-contractors as required.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solutions Code of Business Conduct.
- Support ISO 9001 activities
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years work experience as a maintenance technician/engineer in the renewable energy field (solar, wind or similar) is an asset.
- Page 1 of 1 Form-105 Rev 5.0
- A secondary school technical education. College or University is a desirable asset.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing various types of electrical machinery and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Specializing in electrical systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of computer systems and networking would be a valuable asset.
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and able to work in a fast-paced Environment.
- Must be willing to work outside of normal daytime hours of 8am to 5:00pm responding to emergency service or equipment issues. Some nights and weekend work will be required.
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods on occasion.
- Must have a valid Mexican driver’s license with a clean abstract.
- Spanish spoken native; English spoken required (Not optional).
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.