Senior Accounting Manager, Asset Management
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Senior Accounting Manager, Asset Management
Department:Finance & Accounting
Entity:Canadian Solar (USA) Energy Corporation
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To:Sr. Director
The Senior Manager - Asset Management Accounting will be a leader within the Finance & Accounting department at Canadian Solar and will manage a team responsible for the accounting and finance of a group of investor owned utility scale solar projects located throughout the U.S. This role is a critical part of the strategic growth of Canadian Solar.
The position will be very involved with the buildout and staffing of the team and will need to be a self-starter and able to work independently with occasional check in meetings with the Sr. Director located in the Walnut Creek, CA office. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in the build out of a new business line for the company.
- Manage day-to-day full cycle accounting, month-end closing procedures, accounts receivable and accounts payable for a team of accountants responsible for a group of utility scale solar projects.
- Assist the financial reporting team with quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements.
- Manage external auditors with needs for annual audits.
- Work with Asset Managers and the Asset Management team to analyze, improve and control the processes that impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency. Will also assist with the annual budget process.
- Manage the monthly account reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Interact with investor-owners in a responsive and professional manner.
- Coordinate and assist with the recruitment and hiring of accounting staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA is a plus.
- Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of dynamic management experience. Experience building out and assisting with hiring a team is a plus.
- High level of professionalism, results oriented, organized, highly motivated, detail oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; multi-task and strong analytical skills.
- Computer literacy, excellent abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Job Description – Accounting Manager – 3103 (Americas)
F:\HR\Recruiting\JOB DESCRIPTION\Finance & Accounting