Position Title: Quality Supervisor
Department: Quality Assurance Department
Reports To: Quality Manager
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and managing the quality control operations within the manufacturing facility. He/she will contribute to the success of the department by applying their experience. This role involves ensuring that all our products meet the established quality standards and customer expectations. The supervisor will lead a team and collaborate closely with other departments to drive continuous improvement in product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement quality assurance processes and procedures to ensure compliance with internal specification, customer requirements, industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the quality control members, including assigning work, monitoring performance, and conducting regular performance evaluations.
- Conduct inspections and audits of raw material, manufacturing process, products to verify adherence to quality standards, identifying any non-conformities and taking appropriate corrective actions.
- Develop and deliver training programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of quality team members and other personnel involved in quality control processes, ensure employees are trained and qualified prior to working on inspection equipment & criteria.
- Drive the implementation and maintenance ISO9001 quality management system, support ISO 9001 activities, regulatory, customer audit.
- Maintain accurate quality records in MES and SAP, communicate results and issues to staff.
- Responsible for employee development and performance evaluations
- Changing priorities and balancing workload to meet production requirements.
- Communicate with other departments and outside parties when required.
- Collaborate with production and engineering teams to identify root causes of quality issues and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies.
- Conduct other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., engineering, manufacturing, quality management) or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in quality control or quality assurance within a manufacturing environment, with at least 3-5 years in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of quality control principles, methodologies, and tools, such as statistical process control (SPC), Six Sigma, and lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of quality management systems and familiarity with ISO standards.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions.
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and email, hand on ERP experience is an asset.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.
Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities
Note: Interviews will be conducted only with qualified applicants.