Data Analytics Manager
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title:Data Analytics Manager
Department:Operations and Maintenance
Reports To:Director, Global O&M
The Data Analytics Manager must have a background in electrical engineering (AD/DC power generation) with a strong knowledge of photovoltaic power plants. A knowledge and understanding of software programming including an understanding of simulations applied to energy systems as well as skills in network configuration and management is required. The individual will manage the data analytics and software engineering teams and must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Manage data analytics and software engineering teams
- Oversee the usage and continuous improvement of the CSEye Monitoring Platform and other software platforms used by the O&M department
- Analyze the performance of solar photovoltaic systems, identify under-performing areas and sub-systems, provide an understanding of system behavior
- Review monthly and annual reports for accuracy to contract requirements
- Meet with internal external stakeholders to review reports, continuous improvement initiatives, and contract negotiations
- Determine PV Plant KPI’s with emphasis on improving PV plant operational uptime and cost reductions
- Choose most accurate models and weather data
- Perform simulations using various industry standard programs including PVSyst
- Review contract availability and performance ratio guarantees and determine feasibility
- Assist in development of automated diagnostic tools to flag underperforming systems
- Interface with all O&M regions and align data requirements
- Interface with other personnel in Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, Manufacturing and Business Development to provide continuous improvements to the company’s designs and processes
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Support ISO 9001 activities
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in energy systems and performance monitoring
- Engineering degree
- Knowledge of renewable energy systems, understanding of applied simulation systems
- Working knowledge of Python and SQL required, other programming languages an asset
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Strong verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working with senior professionals in a fast paced environment, often with tight deadlines, and flexibility to work overtime as required
- Ability to respond well to questions and analyze complex requirements is essential
- Project Management skills with ability to prioritize tasks
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.
Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Original: January 24, 2014
Revised: June 17, 2019