Senior Tax Analyst
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Tax
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To:Senior Manager, Tax
The Senior Tax Analyst, reporting directly to Senior Tax Manager, will be primarily responsible for direct and indirect tax compliance, research, and tax consulting. This position requires a working knowledge of tax concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Prepare indirect tax filings including, but not limited to, sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, and property tax
- File sales and use tax registration as applicable and perform necessary research to determine if any new filing required
- Maintain tax compliance calendar and ensure all tax deadlines are timely met
- Prepare tax assumption models to be incorporated into Project financial model (property tax, taxes rates, ITC, and others)
- First level review of tax representation in project legal contracts (such as PSA, PPA, etc) and sales contracts
- Work with the team on indirect tax audits including working with the tax authorities and providing responses to notices
- Work collaboratively with various function within the company
- Developing client relationships for major business unit to assist with federal and state income tax compliance/provision
- Preparing tax workpapers for federal and state income tax compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, tax, or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of tax experience.
- Big-Four or related in-house experience and international tax exposure a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP to enable data extract and reconciliation.
- Exposure to CorpTax or similar software desirable;
- Basic knowledge of tax return, provision, and audit processes.
- Work will be performed in a standard office environment, in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, and reaching.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaboratively, and cross-culturally.
- Must possess excellent time management skills to complete all responsibilities in accordance with established deadlines.
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and project management skills.