Global Supplier Quality Manager
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations. Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
As a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, e-STORAGE is a leading company specializing in the design, manufacturing, and integration of battery energy storage systems for utility-scale applications. At the core of the e-STORAGE platform is SolBank a self-manufactured, lithium-iron phosphate chemistry-based battery engineered for utility-scale applications. Through our innovative solutions, we aim to optimize grid operations, promote clean energy integration, and foster a more resilient and sustainable energy landscape.
Position Title:Global Supplier Quality Manager
Reports To:Sr. Director of Quality - Product, Project and EHS
Location:Hybrid (US-CA, TX, AZ or other states, Canada-Ontario)
E-Storage, a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, is committed to revolutionizing the energy storage industry with cutting-edge solutions. We are seeking a highly skilled and results-driven Global Supplier Quality Manager to join our team. This role plays a critical part in ensuring the quality and reliability of components sourced from our global suppliers.
As the Global Supplier Quality Manager, you are responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of supplier quality across our global supply chain. This role involves establishing supplier quality strategies and standards, implementing robust quality control processes, resolving supplier quality problems, managing supplier relationships, and driving continuous improvement initiatives across our supplier base. Your leadership and expertise will directly impact on and contribute to our mission of delivering high-quality energy storage solutions to our customers worldwide.
- Establish a comprehensive global supplier quality strategy that aligns with our business goals and objectives, develop and nurture strong partnerships with global suppliers.
- Set high supplier quality standards and expectations, clearly compile them into contractual Quality Requirements to be signed by suppliers in purchase agreement.
- Regularly evaluate suppliers’ performance and drive improvement initiatives, ensuring their capability to meet quality standards, regulatory requirements, and performance expectations.
- Develop and implement robust supplier quality control processes, effective inspection plans, comprehensive factory audits to monitor and check supplier quality. Participate in supplier development and qualifications.
- Collect and maintain accurate records of supplier quality performance and audit results, analyze such data to identify trends and opportunities, define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure supplier performance and quality outcomes.
- Coordinate and collaborate with our Engineering, Procurement, Implementation, and Operations teams to identify, troubleshoot, and mitigate supplier quality issues, drive suppliers to resolve quality problems, reduce defects, and improve overall performance.
- Lead and facilitate root cause analysis and development of necessary corrective/preventive actions for supplier quality issues, provide guidance and training to suppliers and stakeholders on continuous improvement quality methodologies and best practices.
- Summarize findings, work progress and lessons learned, prepare supplier quality reports, and manage communications with both internal and external parties.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with clients, suppliers, contractors, and internal stakeholders to promote a culture of quality and teamwork.
- Travel within the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and other locations as needed, including weekends and overnight stays.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Quality Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience 7+ in supplier quality management, ideally in the renewable energy sector.
- Professional certifications in quality management or regulatory affairs (e.g., ASQ, RAPS) is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of quality methodologies and tools, six Sigma, Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Working experience in conducting supplier audits and assessment, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and data-driven decision-making abilities.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, resourceful, results-oriented, resilient, flexible, and dependable.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines under pressure.