Area Manager - State College, PA
The Area Manager will act as General Manager to one property and will have oversight of other properties in the area. In this role, you will build and mentor your team to provide a best in class experience for residents and staff. The key components to this position are overseeing all day to day operations, driving occupancy and NOI, maintaining the communities to Campus Advantage’s expectations, and ensuring resident satisfaction.
The Area Manager's responsibilities include executing the business plan, maintaining and enhancing the value of the community and providing a positive living and learning experience for residents of their community and overseeing these initiatives for the other communities they oversee. This position reports to the Regional Manager and/or Vice President of Operations.
- Ability to manage time to effectively manage one property and handle the oversight of 2 to 3 more.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude with a relentless drive to get the job done despite any obstacles.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and efficiently while maintaining accuracy. Able to collaborate with members of a team and relate well to others.
- Build and coach teams, and communicate with important stakeholders like residents, guarantors, clients, and teammates at the home office. Responsible to conduct annual employee evaluations and administer property level onboarding.
- Develop and manage the annual budget, management plan, and marketing plan directly for primary property and oversee the process for other properties within their portfolio. Must analyze and produce monthly financials including variances from budget as well as cash management strategies.
- Demonstrate product and market knowledge as well as ensure leasing staff is well trained. Effectively execute property’s marketing plan while maximizing revenue and occupancy. Oversee residence life programming ensuring it meets the needs of the community and results in resident satisfaction.
- Manage rent collections and reconciliation as well as ensure accounts payable is processed timely. Oversee delinquency management for all properties within respective portfolio.
- Responsible to oversee the asset and ensure it is maintained to Campus Advantage’s standards. Ensuring quarterly health and safety walks are conducted and that the preventative maintenance plan is followed. Responsible for successful execution of property’s annual turn as well as working in conjunction with corporate team and client on execution of any planned capital projects.
- Plan and execute the property’s annual turnover process.
- Ensure property operations are in conjunction with Campus Advantage’s Policies and Procedures.
- Meet required deadlines and ensure team meets required deadlines.
- 4+ years of experience working in residential rental communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- PC Literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Realpage experience Preferred
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills. Must display ability to problem solve and communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
Campus Advantage is a real estate investment management firm fostering financially prosperous higher education student housing communities through its management, development, acquisition, and consulting services. Since its founding in 2003, Campus Advantage has been creating successful communities that provide rewarding living, learning, and career experiences, and as a result has become one of the fastest growing private student housing companies in the nation. The company’s asset acquisition and management strategies combined with its dedication to residence life and student development has made Campus Advantage the 6th largest student housing owner and the 7th largest manager in the United States.
We’re looking for people who share our values.
- Integrity - We live by the Golden Rule, trying always to do the right thing!
- Intelligence - We believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor and we strive to stay ahead through innovations.
- Passion - We desire to do our best, and we never give up!
- Mojo - We attract and charm others through our success and outlook on life. We take our work and our communities, but not ourselves, seriously.
Learn More About Us