Leasing Manager - The Spoke
Campus Advantage is an industry leader with global experience in student housing. Campus Advantage provides property management, consulting, acquisitions, and development with the goal of creating successful student housing communities. We’re kind of a big deal and we didn’t get there by resting on our laurels. We’re a hardworking, scrappy bunch.
The Leasing Manager is a hands-on position. Big picture, the Leasing Manager is the Master of Leasing, leading your team of marketing superheroes to create a remarkable leasing experience and ensure occupancy goals are met. A great fit will also enjoy collaborating with the corporate leasing department as we improve processes for resident satisfaction and execute leasing and marketing strategies to ensure over 95% occupancy throughout the year. This position reports to the property head honcho, the General Manager.
Who are we looking for? Hint: people who share our values.
- Do you want to make your mom proud? We live the Golden Rule, trying always to do the right thing. Do you have the ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple projects while remaining focused on the level of service they deliver, all the while, juggling numerous deadlines? If so, you’ll rock this!
- Experience is important, so let’s get that out of the way: We need someone with experience working in residential rental communities.
- While not required, you get Brownie points for:having a bachelor's degree, property management experience with a proven record of achievements, student housing experience, and/or using property management software.
- If you only have 2 years of experience, but you really think you can do this, sell us on your skills. We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in developing your career in student housing because we believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor, and we strive to stay ahead through innovations.<span
- What’s more important than experience is an upbeat, friendly demeanor. A passion for how the work you do impacts those around you! At Campus Advantage, we desire to do our best, and we never, ever give up! Slackers need not apply.
- Are you motivated and possess the ability to work independently with little or no supervision? If so, we want to talk to you. We aren’t interested in micromanaging you because, at Campus Advantage, we attract and charm others through our success and outlook on life. We take our work and our communities, but not ourselves, seriously!
What will you be doing every day? As the Leasing Manager, you are the captain of the leasing ship and the list of responsibilities are long.
- Lead and Communicate: You must be a communication and leadership ninja! We trust you to build and coach a great team, and communicate with important stakeholders like residents, guarantors, teammates, the university, and local community.
- Plan the Work/Work the Plan: To make all of this work, you will assist in developing and execute the management and marketing plans, coordinate and participate in the Students First® Experience, ensuring the leasing team and office is set up for success. In the case of emergency, it is all hands-on deck to execute our emergency preparedness plan.
- Heads on Beds: In order to provide amazing experiences to our current and future residents, we have to get them in the door! You and your team of superheroes do this by understanding your market, marketing and leasing, customer service, and residence life. You keep the residents coming back by providing outstanding customer service!
- Collect Rent/Pay the Bills: This is a multi-million dollar operation. Keep those dollars in mind when planning events; suggesting community improvements, and when using equipment, supplies, and materials. Materials and equipment don't magically show up!
- Preserve the Asset: Maintaining the physical asset is a fundamental aspect of this role. Put your ninja skills to work when serving on-call. You will need to kick butt at participating in the notorious process student housing calls “turn”. You are the master of establishing and maintaining meticulous leasing records.
Call to Action!
If you read this far and you want to join us on our mission to lead the world in creating financially successful communities, we want to meet you!
Are you ready to achieve your potential while serving and inspiring others to do the same? Join us in pursuing our purpose: "to serve and inspire our employees and residents to achieve their full potential."
Campus Advantage is an Austin-based real estate firm fostering financially prosperous higher education student housing communities through its management, development, acquisition, and consulting services. Since its founding in 2003, Campus Advantage has been creating successful communities that provide rewarding living, learning, and career experiences, and as a result has become one of the fastest growing private student housing companies in the nation. The company’s asset acquisition and management strategies combined with its dedication to residence life and student development has made Campus Advantage the 6th largest student housing owner/operator in the United States. Learn more at www.campusadv.com.
Get to Know Us a Little Better