Campus Advantage has an immediate need for an Accounting Manager in our Corporate office in Austin, TX. The primary duties of the Accounting Manager is to support, review, and ensure the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and account reconciliations for assigned properties, and to assist operating units with analysis and process improvement.
Other job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead assigned group of Accountants and be their direct supervisor.
- Support and review of the monthly financial statement preparation in accordance with prescribed procedures and deadlines.
- Support and review of all balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
- Support operations in the analysis of financial statements.
- Support and be resource for internal and external clients as needed.
- Lead assigned group in compliance and audits.
- Preparation of Joint venture/partnership accounting and consolidation.
- Hire, coach, and develop staff
- Assist with budget preparation and reviews as needed.
- Assist in debt compliance reporting, if applicable.
- Assist with new property setups and conversions.
- Other general acquisition support and analysis.
- S. in Accounting or Finance Required
- A minimum of 3+ years related accounting and financial reporting experience in a multi-entity environment, preferably in property management; Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy. High level of problem solving and decision making skill. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Hands on, flexible approach to work and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage people and have strong leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Automated financial software preferably OneSite Accounting and Leasing & Rents, and strong Microsoft Office skills.
Campus Advantage is a real estate investment management firm fostering financially prosperous higher education student housing communities through its management, development, acquisition, and consulting services. Since its founding in 2003, Campus Advantage has been creating successful communities that provide rewarding living, learning, and career experiences, and as a result has become one of the fastest growing private student housing companies in the nation. The company’s asset acquisition and management strategies combined with its dedication to residence life and student development has made Campus Advantage the 6th largest student housing owner and the 7th largest manager in the United States.
We’re looking for people who share our values.
- Integrity We live by the Golden Rule, trying always to do the right thing!
- Intelligence We believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor and we strive to stay ahead through innovations.
- Passion We desire to do our best, and we never give up!
- Mojo We attract and charm others through our success and outlook on life. We take our work and our communities, but not ourselves, seriously.