Sr Human Resources Generalist
Campus Advantage, a leader in creating successful student housing communities, is seeking a Senior HR Generalist to join our team in Austin, TX.
Do you have a passion for Human Resources? Do you enjoy being a driver of strategic organizational change? If you are ready to work for an established student housing company with a team of dedicated staff, we want to talk to you. The Senior HRG is primarily responsible for maintaining policies as well as directing and coordinating human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Demonstrated and robust abilities to effectively partner with cross-functional areas is desired. A successful candidate will have a history and ability to successfully influence change in a customer-centric organization while exuding the cultural and procedural best practices expected of someone in this highly visible and influential position. Transformational leadership abilities are required.
We are a team on a mission to proactively partner with our company’s business units to maximize the potential of our greatest asset – OUR PEOPLE. We embrace change and the opportunity it brings. We allow data to inform conversations and decisions without ever losing sight of the human aspect of our work. We envision a world where employees feel empowered to do their best work every single day. Our purpose is focused on developing, improving, implementing, and supporting programs and processes that add value to our organization and its employees. This role reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively work with property management in planning for and meeting business goals and objectives including all HR processes, programs, and initiatives and demonstrate an ability to understand how the business/client groups operate at a fundamental level and partner with HR team members to implement these solutions.
- Coach managers to help them strengthen their people leadership skills; serve as a sounding board and confidante during difficult interactions and business situations
- Provide advice and counsel to managers on issues related to individual employee performance as well as the performance of their teams
- Help guide managers through difficult performance issues such as performance documentation, preparing for performance discussions, writing performance improvement plans, navigating through the termination process
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends. Assists management in negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Writes directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Engagement & Training:
- Be an ambassador of company culture, developing new programs, systems, and events that enhance and continuously improve the employee experience.
- May assist in building organizational capability and bench strength, ensuring the right people are in the right jobs. This may include participating in talent reviews, succession planning reviews, calibration reviews and performance management where appropriate
- Participate in the selection of training, ongoing development, and performance evaluation of staff
- In everything we do:
- Communicate professionally, tactfully, and with diplomacy at all times, treating candidates and employees with dignity and respect
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed
- Build internal relationships and drive awareness for generating referrals throughout the company
- Experience is important so let’s get that out of the way: we need someone with at least five years of experience working in the HR field required with proficiency in MS Office, Google Apps, HR systems like ADP, Jobvite, Workday, etc.
- What’s more important than experience though, is an upbeat, friendly demeanor with a passion for how the work you do impacts those around you and a shared vision of what HR should be like is an absolute must! At Campus Advantage, we desire to do our best and we never, ever give up!
- Someone with the ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects while remaining focused on the level of service they deliver, and the ability to manage multiple deadlines, will be most successful in this role. After all, at Campus Advantage, we live the Golden Rule, always trying to do the right thing to make our Moms proud!
- We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in developing your career in HR because we believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor, and we strive to stay ahead through innovations.
- Are you motivated and possess the ability to work independently with little or no supervision? If so, we want to talk to you. We aren’t interested in micromanaging you because, at Campus Advantage, we attract and charm others through our success and outlook on life. We take our work and our communities, but not ourselves, seriously!
Compensation & Benefits
Our investment in you includes great pay, outstanding training, and excellent benefits like medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), apartment discounts, and more.
Campus Advantage was founded on March 3, 2003 and over the past thirteen years we have built one of the premier student housing companies in the world. Today, Campus Advantage has grown to include property management services, acquisitions, development, consulting, residence life, and marketing through our sister company, Catalyst. Managing approximately 25,000 beds in 40+ properties across the United States, our proven, time-tested approach is focused on creating a better student living experience at all of our properties. We offer residents a home that is more than just four walls and a roof — we provide a community for residents to be a part of, while connecting residents to their campuses, themselves, and each other.
Our Team IS The Campus Advantage™
The purpose of Campus Advantage is “to serve and inspire our employees and residents to achieve their full potential.” We focus on developing successful people, who help us create successful communities. Apply today to become part of The Campus Advantage™!