Office Administrator, Burwood Cloud ServicesWho We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The Office Administrator is an integral part of the Burwood Cloud Services (BCS) Team. The Administrator will be the supportive force that keeps the office and business unit running smoothly. With a service level mindset, this person will deliver high level administrative support to the President of BCS, in order to contribute to the team's productivity and ability to achieve company goals.
In addition, your responsibilities include:
- Managing office logistics, such as being present and available to greet onsite visitors, tracking and ordering office supplies, and managing mailing and shipping
- Managing complex calendars and arranging meetings that include multiple time zones and video conferencing technology
- Proactively planning and booking travel according to what the President’s schedule requires
- Maintaining and reconciling expenses on a monthly basis for office and executive level expenditures
- Working on special projects and initiatives in support of the President and Cloud Services Business Unit
- Ensuring general management of the office, overseeing operational efficiency, effective communications, and other types of strategic and tactical planning
- Capturing meeting notes for management and executives and publishing meeting minutes and action items for attendees
- Maintaining facilities management, including space planning/design, vendor contracts and relations, and facilitation of all office functions and services
- Acting as primary liaison between the company, staff, and office building management, providing information, answering questions, and responding to requests
- Overseeing and achieve organizational goals while maintaining an efficient, productive, and positively cultured office and employee experience
Who You Are
- You are a flexible problem solver with superb communication skills with a detail-oriented mindset.
- You have experience managing executive travel, budgets and expenses.
- You’re comfortable handling confidential information.
- You have prior experience thriving in an administrative capacity in an office environment.
- You bring essential qualities like multitasking and the unique ability to deftly handle the unexpected.
- You’re an excellent host - you are warm and welcoming to your guests, and you enjoy entertaining.
- You’re friendly and personable.
- You have a positive and go-getter attitude.
- You’re highly detail-orientated.
The Tech Stuff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.