Sr. Project Manager
Sr. Project Manager
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The Sr. Project Manager coordinates and monitors all stages of the project management life cycle including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closing to ensure compliance with Burwood Group project standards, methodologies and guidelines. The PM ensures that project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Understand the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Take projects from original concept through to final implementation.
- Ensure that the project delivers the desired solution or outcome, remains within budget, and is delivered on time while achieving quality criteria and project profitability.
- Translate the defined initiatives or solutions into project plans, objectives, and deliverables and subsequently deliver according to these.
- Communicate with key stakeholders regarding the status of specific projects
- Solve problems and mitigate risks within or related to the scope of the project
- Act as a team leader and role model to the larger project team
- Ensure that the project team has access to the relevant project management tools
Who You Are
- You have strong knowledge of relevant aspects of the IT industry and project management
- You’ve delivered successful, directly relevant projects
- You have excellent communications skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You have the expertise and professionalism to interact with any level of an organization.
- You’re willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- Experience leading large-scale IT infrastructure projects Ex. Networking, Unified Communications, Security etc.
- Exposure and/or experience managing programs
- Proficiency in MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, & Visio)
- PMP certification and Agile experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success