Solution Architect, Burwood Cloud Services
Solution Architect, BCS
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The Solution Architect (SA) is a hybrid role with a focus on both technical leadership and services sales. The SA provides pre-sales technical support and expertise in identifying client requirements, while analyzing the client’s current infrastructure, cloud, and application capabilities, to ensure the technical solutions proposed meet the client’s objectives. In addition to being viewed as a trusted advisor to the client, the SA also has responsibility for developing the solution to be delivered and shepherding the implementation of the solution to ensure the client’s needs are met.
In addition to the above, your responsibilities will include:
- Being an expert on all Burwood Cloud Services (BCS) Solutions; working directly with Marketing, Operations, and DevOps to craft go-to-market solutions and scope opportunities
- Leading the architecture and strategy process for the client, including necessary tools, processes, and services that map to their strategic IT business initiatives; defining requirements, and creating scoping documents
- Aligning with both Burwood and Partner sales teams to identify and drive BCS solutions with a consultative and strategic approach
- Building strong, continuous relationship at all levels of our clients; becoming their go-to advisor
- Leading RFP and other client proposal responses and support through solution onboarding
- Providing strong technical oversite and subject matter expertise on all BCS solutions from the initial engagement, through to hand off to BCS Operations
- Acting as a mentor, coach, and escalation point for all BCS resources
- Working with the Director, BCS Operations to further develop the workgroup resources and ensure team development and familiarity with BCS solutions
- Driving process improvement, delivery efficiency, and BCS profitability
Who You Are
- You have a strong technology background that includes consulting and pre-sales experience.
- You can engage in analytical and consultative conversations at all levels (CIO, COO, Director, etc.), and you’re adept at identifying and solving problems.
- You are able to map technical solutions to business challenges and objectives and create a solution based that can be delivered as an outsourced model.
- You have experience delivering solution or operational review presentations to business leaders.
- You can articulate an IT Operational Environment strategy, including IT Service Management and IT Operational Management.
- You have a passion for technology and keep informed of market trends, solution insights new vendors and methods.
- You enjoy mentoring members of sales and operations teams.
- You have a deep understanding of the interrelationships between DevOps, Operations, and ITSM.
- You have excellent communication skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
The Tech Stuff
Experience with Monitoring, Management, and Service Desk tool
Cloud solutions, including Orchestration, AI, and Governance
Expert level experience in one or more Operational areas such as Networking, Data Center, UC, and/or Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.