Monitoring Tools Engineer
Monitoring Tools Engineer
Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
As a Monitoring Tools Engineer, you will be utilizing and evolving Burwood’s monitoring tools to provide customers with best-in-breed monitoring of all servers, applications, network devices and connections. This role provides you the opportunity to work directly with customers when on-boarding them into Burwood, setting up a baseline of monitored devices and tuning thresholds and events to the customer’s needs.
In addition, you will be:
- Researching new technologies and industry advances in infrastructure monitoring.
- Integrating the monitoring tools with the complete suite of Burwood’s tools through RESTful APIs:
- Infrastructure Monitoring – ScienceLogic
- Cloud Monitoring, Logging and APM – StackDriver, Elastic Stack, Instana
- Network Automation - NetBrain
- Service Management – ServiceNow
- Network Forensics - Plixer Netflow/sFlow/IPFIX
- Managing and supporting the production tools environments, and our customers, including troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades, both in hours and through out of hours, on-call support.
- Performing training for customers and Burwood staff on our tooling solutions
- Leveraging Agile delivery approach with Scrum methodology
Who You Are
- As an experienced infrastructure engineer, you enjoy coding and are looking to move into a role that provides opportunities to learn and integrate new technologies.
- You have NOC/Monitoring Engineer experience.
- You enjoy problem solving and finding creative solutions
- You are a collaborator, who enjoys working as part of a highly integrated team.
- You enjoy coding and scripting, preferring to find creative ways to automate repetitive tasks.
- You’re a self-starter, you take initiative and have the ability to multi-task.
The Tech Stuff
- Strong experience with Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Network management technologies such as SNMP, Syslog, Netflow
- Experience using databases such as MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB
- Extensive experience administering monitoring technologies including ScienceLogic, SolarWinds, LogicMonitor, etc.
- Infrastructure experience: Cisco networking, compute and collaboration; Palo Alto; Virtual environments including VMware, Hyper-V and XenServer; and public cloud environments
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.