Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You’ll Do
The Professional Services Resource Manager is a consultative member of the professional services team responsible for the overall organization and governance of three key areas within Burwood Group: Customer Satisfaction Feedback Program, subcontractor strategy, and the staffing function of Burwood’s consulting resources. The Resource Manager is an advocate for providing an exceptional client experience and oversees the team of Professional Services Coordinators that ensure resource/demand readiness for current and anticipated utilization.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Overseeing our contractor staffing model and liaising amongst Sales, Project Managers, and Practice leaders to identify and coordinate subcontractors on services engagements
- Owning Burwood’s initiative to drive our Customer Satisfaction Feedback Program and working with cross-functional teams to collect the information to continue driving “the Burwood Experience”
- Leading a team responsible for the successful coordination, planning, and scheduling of adequate professional services employees to specific IT consulting projects
- Running resourcing meetings with the goal of providing exceptional client experience
- Aligning the correct resources to the right customers on all engagements
- Developing and maintaining a subcontractor database
- Arrange weekly meetings with Professional Services Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as resource and change control matters.
- Focusing on continuous improvement of the resource processes
Who You Are
- You have prior professional services experience.
- You have project management experience in a professional services or managed services organization.
- You enjoy the challenge of problem solving in a technical environment
- You have the ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups.
- You have a strong client orientation and commitment to continuous improvement.
- You have the ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- You have people management experience and can work with and mentor varying work styles.
- You have strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
- You are self-sufficient and able to work within a fast-paced and nimble organization.
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.