IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Burwood is currently looking for candidates to join our County of Orange Voice IT Services transition and delivery team.
Orange County, CA, the sixth largest County Government in the United States, operates a diverse, complex County Government enterprise serving the constituents and public of Orange County across some 26 unique agencies and departments ranging from property tax assessment and collection, financial Auditor / Controller, Social Services, Health Services, Public Services including the Orange County Sheriff, District Attorney, and Public Defender, OC Public Works, and Community Resources including the OC parks, libraries and animal services. The County of Orange has undergone an extensive voice transformation project and operates an extensive set of high-performing IT systems that serve the County’s 16,000 employees located across a diverse County geo-location and interface with over 3 million County residents, the State of California, the US Federal Government and numerous third-party providers and business partners.
In support of the County mission, the new Voice IT Services Contract will deliver high-performance Voice IT services on a 24 x 7 basis driven by critical Service Level Requirements (SLRs). Services will be provided to all County agencies and departments including law and justice partners. Work location is in Santa Ana, Ca.
In anticipation of an award of the Voice IT Services contract, Burwood is identifying candidates to fill positions associated with this award.
What You’ll Do
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all stages of the project management life cycle, from initiation through project close. You will be planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling the project to ensure adherence to standards, quality of delivery, project profitability, and client satisfaction. You will be expected to play an impactful role in account management and project management, both of which will directly impact delivery and sales.
- Maintain a Master Project plan and drive the overall project based on dependencies and critical path items.
- Establish and meet specific milestones - determine requirements and ensure that the project needs are met.
- Understand the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Ensure that the project delivers the desired solution or outcome, remains within budget, and is delivered on time while achieving quality criteria and project profitability.
- Communicate with key stakeholders regarding the status of specific projects
- Communicate goals, objectives, and customer expectations to project team, and hold team members accountable for completing project deliverables on time and under budget.
- Solve problems and mitigate risks within or related to the scope of the project
- Act as a team leader and role model to the larger project team
- Develop ‘Trusted Advisor’ reputation and relationship with clients.
Who You Are
- You have in depth knowledge of the IT industry, particularly Cisco Unified Communications.
- You have deep experience completing successful, relevant projects.
- You have experience managing complex infrastructure technology implementations.
- You have excellent communications skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You're extremely organized- you are able to stay focused and prioritize responsibilities for yourself and others.
- You are a leader and a visionary- you motivate others and work well with a team. You see the bigger picture.
- You have the expertise and professionalism to interact with any level of an organization.
- You're reliable- you are respected and always follow through with your promises.
- You live in Orange County and willing to be onsite every day.
The Tech Stuff
- UC infrastructure build-outs and/or VoIP migrations
- Office build-outs or relocations
- Call Manager upgrades (to version 11.5 or 12.0)
- Cisco Emergency Responder (CER)
- Agile methodology
- PMP preferred
- Government experience (state, local) preferred
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
This offer is contingent upon the following:
- Successful completion of background verifications and checks.
- Successful completion of a drug test to determine the presence of illegal or unprescribed controlled substances, if required by work assignment. This process must be completed within 72 hours of receipt of your drug test information.
- Completion of Employment Eligibility Certification (I−9) and providing required documents (listed on the I−9 document) for proof of current eligibility to work in the United States at time of hire or within three days of the commencement of your employment.
- Successful completion of Citizenship Verification process by providing required proof of citizenship documents. This process must be completed prior to your first day of employment in order to properly assign network access.
- Successfully passing a background check which includes a criminal and identity background check, as permitted by law. As a condition of working on the County of Orange IT Services contract, Orange County requires contractor employees to submit to a Live Scan background check. The Live Scan requires you to report to the local Sheriff's office with the completed Request for Live Scan Service Form and also get fingerprinted. Instructions on how to schedule an appointment and point of contact will be provided to you by your manager. The Sheriff will conduct a security background check that includes, per customer requirement: "Investigation and identification of all state and federal misdemeanor or felony convictions of such individual and criminal charges pending against such individual, during the immediately preceding nine (9) years." The Sheriff will provide the Live Scan results directly to Orange County's Information Security Officer and/or Assistant CIO. If you do not meet the requirements to work on the contract, you will be contacted by your HR POC to discuss your options.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.