Senior Voice Support Engineer
Senior Voice Support Engineer
Who We Are
Burwood is currently looking for candidates to join our County of Orange Voice IT Services transition and delivery team. Orange County, CA, the sixth largest County Government in the United States, operates a diverse, complex County Government enterprise serving the constituents and public of Orange County across some 26 unique agencies and departments.
The County of Orange has undergone an extensive voice transformation project and operates an extensive set of high-performing IT systems that serve the County’s 16,000 employees located across a diverse County geo-location and interface with over 3 million County residents, the State of California, the US Federal Government and numerous third-party providers and business partners.
What You’ll Do
This role gives you the opportunity to get hands on with the latest infrastructure technologies, including LAN, WAN, voice, contact center, and more. This role combines a strong passion for technology and outstanding customer service.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Resolving complex incidents and problems.
- Directly answering customer inquiries by phone, email, or ticket
- Handling moves, adds and changes and well has handling escalation issues surrounding Release 12 Cisco Call Manager, Unity Connection, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco UCCX Call Center and voice technology.
- Ensuring tickets are addressed and brought to resolution as quickly as possible
- Providing reporting and training to end users
- Working on-site with customers to provide technical support, setup assistance, and technical coverage for unified communications suite
- Advanced Cisco administration, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of additional VoIP infrastructure hardware such as Analog Voice Gateways and SRST Routers
- Tier 1 troubleshooting skills, including voice quality, Cisco applications, network QoS, Telecom Circuits.
- Working with Telecom providers and 3rd party hardware/software maintenance vendors.
Who You Are
- You can prioritize and achieve results while working on several simultaneous tasks and high-profile projects.
- You have strong problem-solving skills--ability to assess a problem and quickly determine an effective course of action.
- You can mentor team peers and raise the overall level of technical competency in the organization.
- You are able to communicate clearly with peers as well as management.
- You enjoy the challenge of problem solving in a technical environment.
- You always have a passion for customer service and doing the right thing for the customer.
- You maintain a professional demeanor and have excellent communication skills in-person, over-the-phone, and via e-mail.
- You pay close attention to detail in all that you do to ensure minimal risk to the environment.
- You are a team player – honest, responsible and accountable for your work.
- You love to be part of something bigger than you and work to see the team succeed above all.
- You are motivated to learn and grow in your career and can adapt to change or business needs
The Tech Stuff
- One industry accepted professional certification such as CCNA, CCVP, CCNP collaboration
- Prefer experience with UC applications supporting in a mid to large size organization supporting a variety of vendor platforms and technologies
- Basic level networking, including subnetting, basic routing and switching protocols including SIP, LAN, WAN, VLAN
- Advanced knowledge of Telco services (PRI, DID, POTS, GS/LS Trunks, SIP Trunks)
If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood “what we love”, the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses
- Access to financial planning expertise
This offer is contingent upon the following:
- Successful completion of background verifications and checks.
- Successful completion of a drug test to determine the presence of illegal or unprescribed controlled substances, if required by work assignment. This process must be completed within 72 hours of receipt of your drug test information.
- Completion of Employment Eligibility Certification (I−9) and providing required documents (listed on the I−9 document) for proof of current eligibility to work in the United States at time of hire or within three days of the commencement of your employment.
- Successful completion of Citizenship Verification process by providing required proof of citizenship documents. This process must be completed prior to your first day of employment in order to properly assign network access.
- Successfully passing a background check which includes a criminal and identity background check, as permitted by law. As a condition of working on the County of Orange IT Services contract, Orange County requires contractor employees to submit to a Live Scan background check. The Live Scan requires you to report to the local Sheriff's office with the completed Request for Live Scan Service Form and also get fingerprinted. Instructions on how to schedule an appointment and point of contact will be provided to you by your manager. The Sheriff will conduct a security background check that includes, per customer requirement: "Investigation and identification of all state and federal misdemeanor or felony convictions of such individual and criminal charges pending against such individual, during the immediately preceding nine (9) years." The Sheriff will provide the Live Scan results directly to Orange County's Information Security Officer and/or Assistant CIO. If you do not meet the requirements to work on the contract, you will be contacted by your HR POC to discuss your options.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.